Pressure plate

-

duster360

Reaction score
Shouldn’t all the arms be touching the bearing?

CDBDAE18-E240-457E-A57D-7CDD85A20DE4.jpeg

55459EEB-A510-4563-9E21-791A2560161C.jpeg

LOL! Good point.
Once the engine starts to spin, they should come out. How much play is in the finger? Same question again with all the fingers? How well does all the fingers evenly press together for release?

That's in it's most relaxed position, things will likely equalize load/ pressure wise once there's even a small amount of depression on it.

Now I have the same type of disc in my 4spd Cuda and it has been a way long time sitting so ....
IIRC, when installed on the flywheel, you could or can take that throw out bearing and press it against the fingers like you show above and actually move it around some.

Point being that all the fingers move independently but when pressed on forward they apply even pressure to release the set up.

See if that is in fact true please.

Now I have the same type of disc in my 4spd Cuda and it has been a way long time sitting so ....
IIRC, when installed on the flywheel, you could or can take that throw out bearing and press it against the fingers like you show above and actually move it around some.

Point being that all the fingers move independently but when pressed on forward they apply even pressure to release the set up.

See if that is in fact true please.
Will do

Well, I guess staying up ‘til 1:00 on a work night doesn’t work so good for me these days. I stayed up late working on my car and I get home this evening to take the pressure plate out and I realized I had loosend some of the bolts at some point. That’s why the plate was distorted. Once it was off and sitting on the bench everything was even. My apologies to everyone.

Once it was off and sitting on the bench everything was even. .

Actually it is when bolted up properly that you want to see things "even," but they likely are as well "on the bench."

-
Back