Pro comp head failure

-
Trick flow then edelbrock. Indy has improved so I've heard. Procomp / speedmaster my last choice. If I had the funds I would probably buy Brodix cylinder heads.

Since we are talking small block
Mopar here what Brodix head would you buy?

Trick flow then edelbrock. Indy has improved so I've heard. Procomp / speedmaster my last choice. If I had the funds I would probably buy Brodix cylinder heads.
regardless of what you choose, i'm sure they'll look great under the hood of your chevy.

Since we are talking small block
Mopar here what Brodix head would you buy?
obviously the B1 BA on that riddler block he picked up here in the classifieds the other week.

what? why are you laughing? he said he knows his way around engines...

Yep, it slightly damaged the other cylinder on the same headside as well..... it even threw a piece of the valve to the other side of the engine via the intake into another cylinder...
That's what happens...it shares through the intake manifold. If it were a hyperutectic piston failure it would have sent crumbs everywhere.
Remember that little sheet of paper that came in each one of those boxes warning you of potential of seat failure/dropping out due to the amount of material the cnc removes below the seat to make a bowl out of those buckets.

I am not a metallurgy expert at all. But the casting quality of the Bloomer’s I have looks WAY nicer than the Eddie’s I replaced them with
And it begins.
Every post turns into...
'blowmer heads this...bloomer that"...
I hope you get paid every time you mention that guy's name. I'm not even speaking on whether or not the head is good.. it's just like Jeeeesus man.. lol do you have to bring that fking head up every thread?

To the rest of the people saying thank God they have spleenmasters..look at the # on the heads geniuses..."PC-XXXXXX"

PC=PRO COMP.

OP... could be the head.. but could be the combo of parts or usage that was the straw... but would that be any better..not really. Your valves, what brand are they?
They broke, both of them. Forged pistons I bet... seat dropped, flipped upright... valve bit it... piston slammed it...snap...one more compression stroke and smash bits into the head and that piston chinged in the bore till the wall gives.
How many cnc sets are in track use?
How many are just sitting inside weekend cars...waiting for a solid roller spring and some hwy mileage to make this same magically moment happen.
When cheap turns into expensive ...

I'm rubber and your glue it bounces off for me... LOL..
Oh forget it...
Have you bought a car yet?...
I think you're going to set a record for the most posts without a car...LOL...
Going this weekend with the intent to buy a really nice '74 duster. It's a 318 car still has its factory 2 barrel carburetor and single exhaust. First thing is to have dual exhaust system put on it.

The serious engine builder will use Brodix, Trickflow, AFR, Edelbrock, just to name a few. I realize that sometimes the budget will dictate on how fast one can go. Speedmaster and pro comp cylinder heads are the only ones that I've heard about the seats coming out. I don't know if this is a issue with other aluminum heads.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I visited Brodix and AFR websites and they don't make any heads for the small block Mopar.

And it begins.
Every post turns into...
'blowmer heads this...bloomer that"...
I hope you get paid every time you mention that guy's name. I'm not even speaking on whether or not the head is good.. it's just like Jeeeesus man.. lol do you have to bring that fking head up every thread?

To the rest of the people saying thank God they have spleenmasters..look at the # on the heads geniuses..."PC-XXXXXX"

PC=PRO COMP.

OP... could be the head.. but could be the combo of parts or usage that was the straw... but would that be any better..not really. Your valves, what brand are they?
They broke, both of them. Forged pistons I bet... seat dropped, flipped upright... valve bit it... piston slammed it...snap...one more compression stroke and smash bits into the head and that piston chinged in the bore till the wall gives.
How many cnc sets are in track use?
How many are just sitting inside weekend cars...waiting for a solid roller spring and some hwy mileage to make this same magically moment happen.
When cheap turns into expensive ...

Hey idiot…. I don’t bring them up all the time. And my comment was extremely to the point.
I have heads cast in China, I previously had heads cast here. I have looked at both. My opinion I think was worth posting.
I don’t get the sour grapes from you?
I could say…geez, not another post about Speedmaster heads.. but I don’t, because it would be stupid like your comment was
Think about it.
Frankly, I probably haven’t mentioned Bloomer heads enough, truth be told.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I visited Brodix and AFR websites and they don't make any heads for the small block Mopar.

They have in the past made B1BA heads, and also an MC version( moved center).
Not sure if those two types are still sold new or not, would have to call them.

I feel so left out. No one ever talks about Performance World Cylinder Heads. Yes they make SBM too.

20230620_160025.jpg

Their SBM heads are mixed in with the Ford on their website. This is for Brodix, AFR doesn’t make anything for Mopar.

Here’s the link: B1 Series/15°/18°

Going this weekend with the intent to buy a really nice '74 duster. It's a 318 car still has its factory 2 barrel carburetor and single exhaust. First thing is to have dual exhaust system put on it.
I'll believe it when I see it...
I've heard this cry wolf story to many times..
Good luck...

Their SBM heads are mixed in with the Ford on their website. This is for Brodix, AFR doesn’t make anything for Mopar.

Here’s the link: B1 Series/15°/18°

The Brodix road for small block Mopars is such a muddy road to travel. You better be very handy and have tooling, or lots of money to pay someone. I know a couple VERY disappointed guys.

Hey idiot…. I don’t bring them up all the time. And my comment was extremely to the point.
I have heads cast in China, I previously had heads cast here. I have looked at both. My opinion I think was worth posting.
I don’t get the sour grapes from you?
I could say…geez, not another post about Speedmaster heads.. but I don’t, because it would be stupid like your comment was
Think about it.
Frankly, I probably haven’t mentioned Bloomer heads enough, truth be told.
I put that negative on ignore years ago... what can you learn from someone like that?... How not to be...

I love my W2’s :popcorn::rofl:

No one can deny that the W2 head is a great head. If you want a cast iron head. I think their problem was back when they came out we didn’t have the internet like we have today. To many part numbers for to many applications. 48 degree, 59 degree, econo head, how many number for race heads alone. I know I was confused. If I didn’t already have 360-1 Indy heads I could see myself getting a set of the 360-2 Indy heads which is basically a W2 head in aluminum. The Edelbrock Victor head is on my like to have list but at 67 my gotta have it time is running out.

I'll believe it when I see it...
I've heard this cry wolf story to many times..
Good luck...
Mostly because some people don't know what a project car is. Way to many have posted what their cars looked like in the past as how they look now. Thanks

Mostly because some people don't know what a project car is. Way to many have posted what their cars looked like in the past as how they look now. Thanks
Or because they see a 69 road runner go for 250000 they think there rusted out 74 scamp is gotta be at least worth 10000....

The Brodix road for small block Mopars is such a muddy road to travel. You better be very handy and have tooling, or lots of money to pay someone. I know a couple VERY disappointed guys.
i guess that's what they mean by "mopar compatible"....

a person i know who traveled that path said the work was "considerable", which coming from him meant a pain in the *** and very expensive.

-
Back