Quality Budget 408

-
How long of a wait is it after you get all your info to Bullet until you get your cam? Do they manufacture their own lifters? Giving some serious thought to giving them a call for my cam upgrade.

They do not manufacture there own lifters. They should inform you of the leed time.

How long of a wait is it after you get all your info to Bullet until you get your cam? Do they manufacture their own lifters? Giving some serious thought to giving them a call for my cam upgrade.

As stated they do not manufacture their own lifters...lead time on average is 3 weeks. once you fill out their info sheet and git submit, you will get an email from one of their guys within about 48 hours.

They will email you what they feel is best grind and once you give the green light and pay...they will grind the cam.

Thanks for the info and great job on your build! I've got a 69 dart that was purchased new by my father and I've got very fond memories of us working on it through the 80s and 90s. Your son would be proud of what you've done in his honor!

Thanks for the info and great job on your build! I've got a 69 dart that was purchased new by my father and I've got very fond memories of us working on it through the 80s and 90s. Your son would be proud of what you've done in his honor!

Thank you, I very much appreciate that. Means allot...

Also, don't forget there are others out there doing custom cams. I have posted them so many times, but it's worth reposting here again, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

Racer Brown
Cam Motion
Mikes Jones
Controlled Induction
Bullet
Chris Straub
DeWayne Porter
Scott Brown

There are more, but you get the idea. This I do know.

The first SIX I listed design, develop and grind their own lobes. The other three having working relationships with Comp and some of the others mentioned here, and they get you a custom cam from the suppliers.

I also know that Racer Brown, Cam Motion, Jones and Controlled Induction DO NOT HAVE CAMS ON THE SHELF. They grind everything to order. I think Bullet has some shelf grinds for circle jerk stuff but most everything else is custom ground. Also, the guys at Erson and Howard's are now doing custom stuff.

So for just the few I've named here, there is NEVER a reason to buy an off the shelf cam.

Lead times are generally 3 days to 10 business days. I have never had to wait more than 10 days for a cam.

Ididnt know Racer Brown was still around. That was my dad's cam supplier years ago. I've got an old Racer Brown mechanical in my dart still. Have a new spare on the shelf for it that was bought in late 70s or early 80s. Pretty much the same as the Mopar 528" 286 solid

Also, don't forget there are others out there doing custom cams. I have posted them so many times, but it's worth reposting here again, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

Racer Brown
Cam Motion
Mikes Jones
Controlled Induction
Bullet
Chris Straub
DeWayne Porter
Scott Brown

There are more, but you get the idea. This I do know.

The first SIX I listed design, develop and grind their own lobes. The other three having working relationships with Comp and some of the others mentioned here, and they get you a custom cam from the suppliers.

I also know that Racer Brown, Cam Motion, Jones and Controlled Induction DO NOT HAVE CAMS ON THE SHELF. They grind everything to order. I think Bullet has some shelf grinds for circle jerk stuff but most everything else is custom ground. Also, the guys at Erson and Howard's are now doing custom stuff.

So for just the few I've named here, there is NEVER a reason to buy an off the shelf cam.

Lead times are generally 3 days to 10 business days. I have never had to wait more than 10 days for a cam.
To add to this, I used an Erson custom grind in my blue Cutlass I shared photos of...It was a giant pile of ****. So, do your research and make sure you are comfortable with the compay. I gave essential the same type information for my 350 Rocket, and I think they must have sent me someone else's cam because that one was a turd. it came out and went with a different company.

To add to this, I used an Erson custom grind in my blue Cutlass I shared photos of...It was a giant pile of ****. So, do your research and make sure you are comfortable with the compay. I gave essential the same type information for my 350 Rocket, and I think they must have sent me someone else's cam because that one was a turd. it came out and went with a different company.

How long ago did you buy the Erson??? It is owned by a new company. I should have stated my main three go to cam grinders are RB, CM and Jones. If I don't like what I hear, go to Controlled Induction.

I have not used some of who I posted. I still like Isky, in they way they think.

My go to is what I said.

Again, I only buy from companies that ONLY do custom cams.

How long ago did you buy the Erson??? It is owned by a new company. I should have stated my main three go to cam grinders are RB, CM and Jones. If I don't like what I hear, go to Controlled Induction.

I have not used some of who I posted. I still like Isky, in they way they think.

My go to is what I said.

Again, I only buy from companies

It's been 8 or so years I think I mentioned I had never used a custom grind before but I had...for the blue Cutty I attached photos of...

That cam was pulled...given away and put a performer rpm cam in it and ran like crazy.

I was super skeptical of Bullet due my Erson experience but I love Bullet...great class A company.

Bruce at Herbert cams, they have everything that goes with the cam as well.
That motor will fly with some port work.

-
Back