rarest small block intake manifold EVER???

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone at Spring Fling sell a small block mopar Hilborn setup for 8 stacks. The buyer claimed it was one of a couple handful. I don't know. Sort of doubt it.

Any pics of a small block Mopar Hilborn setup??

I've seen a few of them before, but $2400? No joke I can get MPFI for less and with the ethanol content in fuel (and the government pushing for 15% content), that'd be the smarter move. Nothing I own is stock or "Restored," so it doesn't matter.

Yea, but ya just don't look as cool. Zero WOW factor. If not a sigh and "Oh! Ho-Hummm, it's a FI engine ....next...."
These intakes are a "You gotta want one" in order to own one. All else is just chatter and foder for the fire.

it belongs to a member here,,check the str-12 wanted ad in the wanted section and yes that is crazy money for one with a home made top

Startling word from a seller himself. He does include the OE top. Repair and polish I say.

...and that is not the rarest intake. Find a 4X2 Weber setup for a 273.....

And Pista win's the wacky and rare intake contest!!!!!!! :violent1:

I saw someone at Spring Fling sell a small block mopar Hilborn setup for 8 stacks. The buyer claimed it was one of a couple handful. I don't know. Sort of doubt it.

Any pics of a small block Mopar Hilborn setup??

There's a guy in Hawaii running one with a Megasquirt system in his Duster.

Hot Rod(?) magazine did a comparison of several intakes back in the early '70's and included this one. It was on a '71 or '72 demon, possibly 4-speed and may have been in 2 parts. I "might" have the magazine buried here somewhere, but don't have the time to dig!

Sorry ya'll about the bad ebay link lol but yeaa, freaking crazy $ for an intake!! $2,400 was the selling price!! Wish i had that kind of extra dough laying around! Pishta, i had no idea such a beast existed hahaha.

Here's a Hillborn setup.

Sold for less than the small block cross ram setup. Rarity does not always equal price.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This one?...Howzit Craig?

340 Hilborn Megasquirt

I visited the Hilborn Factory...They told me they made 1 runl of 100 340 setups...20 or more never got sold...
SO THEY MELTED THEM and made chevy injections out of them...

Aloha
Tommy

Attachments

• 340H.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 624
  • 340H2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 649
  • 340H3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 562
  • 340H4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 546
This one?...Howzit Craig?

340 Hilborn Megasquirt

I visited the Hilborn Factory...They told me they made 1 runl of 100 340 setups...20 or more never got sold...
SO THEY MELTED THEM and made chevy injections out of them...

Aloha
Tommy

I was wondering who resurrected this old thread :D How's the Duster running? What's with the slicks did you take it to the other island to run it? I should be back home this summer, or sometime after MATS, so maybe we can meet up for lunch. If you decide to come up for MATS give me a call.

I've had 5 or 6 STR12's and never have paid more than $100 for one! Damn, I just realized how old I am...Last one I owned I bought from a soldier at Ft Knox who was shipping out and needed to liquidate his stuff. I think I gave $40 for it and had it a few years and sold it for several hundred. That was back in the late 80's.

I was wondering who resurrected this old thread :D How's the Duster running? What's with the slicks did you take it to the other island to run it? I should be back home this summer, or sometime after MATS, so maybe we can meet up for lunch. If you decide to come up for MATS give me a call.

Hi Craig

Totally, Give me a call when you're here.
Let's meet up for Lunch or cruise night...?

Aloha Tommy

So how rare is the small block, Edelbrock Street tunnelram?

Attachments

• the most interesting man in the world, about ford drivers.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 432
  • cuda engine compartment.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 465
That manifold ,WORKS! Only seen one.A built 11.7 ,roller 340.Lost a tenth,picked up 4 m.p.h.through the traps.The 60' was a tenth slower,tirespin. Auto/x,never heard of Gurney/Westlake Mopar castings.My 1st thought,"ford heads?).Really cool thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back