Rear gears with sst a41

-

Birddog1

Reaction score
hello all sooo hopefully I didn’t make a mistake.
I am building a 68 dart. I purchased an sst a41 for the 4speed option and easier hwy driving. My thinking was I could run 3.73 out back to wake up the small block off the line but cruise with moderate rpm at hwy speeds. Rear is already rebuilt. Trans is not installed yet. The final gear for a41 is .7

I'm close.(Duster)Tremic 5 speed .68 final and 3.55. 28''rear tire. 3.73's would have been better.Or a shorter tire(Went for looks).Texas highway speed limits 75MPH ? you should be fine.

3.73 is decent. Should work good. I am going 3.91's but only 3 speed 727 so will how it goes for me! Don't drive everyday. Have another daily vehicle.

Birddog1, I talked to a friend and he said his son has a Passion 4 speed overdrive in his 73 'Cuda and is running 3.73's. 451 Stroker and gets 20 mpg cruzin'.

With a .7 final drive I would run a 4.10 gear for performance and hwy friendly ratio. 4.10 x 0.70 = 2.87 final drive ratio.

Overdrive will definitely do the trick!! Gives a broader range to run low all the way to top end!:steering:

I think sst 41 is a racer brown cam? If so it is in FBO or four seconds flat website. Those are nice cams too!!:thumbsup:

-
Back