Rear suspension... HeLp

-

SixFourDart

Reaction score
I have a 69 dart with a factory 8 3/4 and 9 inch slicks. I plan on building a much larger motor for he car. I am currently running s/s spring and a piñon snubber. My question is how much power can a 9 inch slick take and what is the best rear suspension to help plant the power. Guess that's two questions..:( and feedback will be appreciated.

stock eliminator cars (new mustangs) are running high 8s on 9 x 30 slicks....

8 3/4 ....depends on weight of car...transmission...manual or automatic...transbrake yes or no...
if you have to buy new axles...spool ...ring and gear for the 8 3/4....might as well spend your money on a dana 60....

alot of cars can run fast with caltrac and mono leaf springs....ladder bars and coil over shocks also can be installed....

The car is at 3k with driver. I have moser axles 4.56 pro gear 500ci 440 727 with a brake.

My buddy ran into the 9's before his 8-3/4 broke in a all steel 69 Dart with a Indy headed 500 in RB. Full interior. He did run a larger tire. Just sayin the 8-3/4 lived a long time in the 10's.

It was all done on SS springs.

Look into the racers forum where there is a current thread about 60' times on SS springs going on. Others pipe in about there suspension.

-
Back