RED ALERT!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!--MOOG BUSHINGS

-

1969_Valiant

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My car is literally on the lift right now!!! I ordered the moog control arm bushings so I can have a "more modern alignment". They are to be put in reverse or upside down to achieve this........I can't remember...... Please let me know the "improper" / opposite installation that my mechanic should do to achieve this. Thank you all so much for all of the good info!

Hi everyone. My car is literally on the lift right now!!! I ordered the moog control arm bushings so I can have a "more modern alignment". They are to be put in reverse or upside down to achieve this........I can't remember...... Please let me know the "improper" / opposite installation that my mechanic should do to achieve this. Thank you all so much for all of the good info!
Here you go

Moog7103InstallInstructions.jpg

Thin side towards the tire on the rear and towards the engine on the front. That's what I found on an older post.

Thin side towards the tire on the rear and towards the engine on the front. That's what I found on an older post.

That is utterly backwards, if I understand it correctly.

That is utterly backwards, if I understand it correctly.

Udderly backwards also.:D
The statement that you want to move the top ball joint rearward is correct.
(Bolt hole off center toward the tire in the front bushing and bolt hole off center toward the motor on the rear ones)

Thanks you guys are always amazing with the info!!! Same diagram was sent to me but I must have deleted it or post that I can't find now in time. I printed it and ran over to my mechanic. Thanks again!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back