Resto progress

-
Well its been a busy weekend working on the old cuda - my firewall insulation finally came from year one so I put the dash back in the car. After I installed all the little whatnots that had to go in first. Here are some shots of the progress - I also added a couple of general update shots like the emblems on the rt side. Cheers=P~

firewall prog.jpg

Dash prog 1.jpg

Dash prog 2.jpg

Dash prog 3.jpg

Car front dash.jpg

emblems rt.jpg

car shot prog.jpg

Keep up the good work Bill!
Glad that insulation showed up for ya. How hard was it to snake it behind the steering column support? It looked like I was going to make a mess of this part when I was test fitting it.

The car looks teriffic dude! Keep the pix coming!!!!!

George

Bill, your car is GEORGOUS! The red against the silver pops big time! Just TAKE...YOUR...TIME! As much as you (and everyone else...) wants to see it finished you don't want to hack it together. Initially I thought I'd have my car done by last August, `07. It's now almost April `08 and I still have the driveshaft on the floor...the interior in the corner....and the engine hasn't been started or broken in yet. Never mind that %$#@#$% headliner that's got me intimidated to the point I'm probably going to flatbed the the SOB to a pro for the `liner and glass installation.

But I'm going to be at Carlisle THIS JULY. Even if I have to tow it there and push it in....

BTW: Where are you in Pa. that your only 45 minutes away? I used to live in Ephrata back in the mid-90's.

Keep up the good work Bill!
Glad that insulation showed up for ya. How hard was it to snake it behind the steering column support? It looked like I was going to make a mess of this part when I was test fitting it.

The car looks teriffic dude! Keep the pix coming!!!!!

George

How hard was it to snake it behind the steering column support?

George

It wasnt too bad but none of my pedals are hooked to anything Im sure it
would be a bear if I couldnt move the pedals around freely.
Bill

BTW: Where are you in Pa. that your only 45 minutes away? I used to live in Ephrata back in the mid-90's.

Thanks John - I am just south of Gettysburg in the small town of Fairfield.
I used to live in Perkiomenville which is just south of Ephrata so I know where that is too.
Ill look for you at Carslile!! Bill

Well its been a busy weekend around the house but I managed to get a little bit accomplished on the old Barracuda but not too much. As you can see in these photos I got the rear windows installed - what a PITA! - its sorta like doing a Japanese jigsaw puzzle in a box with razor blades lining the box opening!! gotta love it. Like I said it doesnt look like much but it repesents a lot of time and work believe me!!
Bill

QTR WINDOW 1.jpg

QTR WINDOW 2.jpg

looking like you got a lot done. i have been working on mine for about 4 weeks and just now getting all the crap scraped off the belly of the car. Great job Bill.

Jeff

your doing a VERY VERY good job on the resto. looks amazing. how long have you had this beauty?? ive had my Dart since June 25th last year and im pretty sure ill be workin on it til June 25th this year. i want to get it done before Carlisle in July. 11th thru 13th i think. Im planning on driving up. will i see you there? id love to see this car in person.

73 Dart Sport 318
72 Charger SE 440 Magnum

how long have you had this beauty??

73 Dart Sport 318
72 Charger SE 440 Magnum

I have had this car 13 years - bought it in Collegeville Pa moved 3 times with parts and pieces in tow (Im in the Navy so moving happens alot) and now Im finally getting her back together - just in time to retire from the Navy!!

Bill

looking like you got a lot done. i have been working on mine for about 4 weeks and just now getting all the crap scraped off the belly of the car. Great job Bill.

Jeff

Yeah I scraped for ever too on the unercoat/sond deadening stuff - I used a propane torch to loosen and melt it then scraped like crazy.

Bill

i want to get it done before Carlisle in July. 11th thru 13th i think. Im planning on driving up. will i see you there? id love to see this car in person.

73 Dart Sport 318
72 Charger SE 440 Magnum

I will be there but my car will not be ready yet - hopefully next year!!
but maybe we can all set up a time and place to share war stories!!

Bill

Well guys and gals I was messin around in the garage and thought I would finally check out how my seats look installed in the car - I will most likely have to pull the seats back out at some point but - what the hell - I really wanted to see how they look and at least there off the basement floor for now!!=P~:-D
Bill

awsome seats 1.jpg

awsome seats 2.jpg

awsome seats 3.jpg

awsome seats 4.jpg

awsome seats 5.jpg

awsome seats 6.jpg

There's just something about a red interior. Especially when it's in a silver car!
Looks great Bill!

George

Well I dont know how this will work but Im gonna try to show some pictures and explain them as I go. Just refer back to this text cause I dont know how to insert text under a photo to do this right.
1) First shot is of my engine on its stand back from the machine shop.

2) the next 2 shots are of the piston in case anyone has a commando and wants to know if it has the correct pistons look for the slight dome you see looking from the side.

3) Next is the ring gap - for those who have not measured the ring gap - put the ring about 2 inches into the cylinder and measure this gap with a feeler gauge.

4) next a shot with the rings on. then the threads cleaned with a die for proper tourqe values.

5) the rest are shots of the proper bearing placement cause I couldnt find this info when I was looking for it I figure maybe it could help someone else.

Anyway thats what Ive been doing - Will have more updates soon.
Bill

engine on stand.jpg

piston 1.jpg

piston 2.jpg

ring gap.jpg

rings on piston.jpg

threads.jpg

bearing 1.jpg

bearing 2.jpg

bearing 3.jpg

-
Back