Resto progress

-
Well - I guess I will let everyone in on a little fopa I am going to have to deal with maybe it can help someone out there not make the same bonehead mistake I did. When installing motor mounts there is a right and wrong side. If you have them installed wrong you may be inclined to force things into place - even though you know things should go easier!! and then when you think your almost ready to try to start your engine you may find out your Radiator has absolutely no clearance from your fan. You may then scratch your head and stare at alot of things for several hours until you finally realize the error of your ways. I hope maybe this can save someone else the PITA I am now going to have to fix!! Hopefully soon I will have some positive update to post.
See Ya - Bill

Good thing to note. I knew I`d screw mine up so I photographed them both before removing them from the block.

I noticed in your engine bay that the flange that surrounds your heater motor is off 90 degrees, the flat side should be facing the driver. Don`t know if it really matters other than asthetics?

Bill, don't sweat it. If you knew how many times I had to remove and reinstall parts on my car, you'd think I was a crazy person. My wife does. :D

George

Thanks for the support and advice guys - Im gonna get back at it Sunday and I will post some new pics.
Thanks again, Bill

:cheers: Finally the old beast runs again! I know it has been awhile since my last update but I have been hard at it and now the ole 273 purrrin like a bobcat.
Ive run into several snags along the way - but boy it sure is sweeeet when you hear the engine come to life again afer 10 years in the corner of the garage. Here are some updated pics of the engine comp now and some decals I put here and there. Hope you like I know I couldnt be likein it more!!!
:drinkers::rock::toothy10:

she starts 1.jpg

she starts 2.jpg

she starts 3.jpg

1 decal.jpg

2 decal.jpg

3 decal.jpg

That`s awesome! Everything looks really good. I love that color, I`m thinking of painting my 67 silver. Don`t let George R. read this, he`ll be biting a cyanide capsule. Lol!

Thanks longgone - Ive always liked a silver car. The factory color and 4sp are what really drew me in from the begining with this car and the formula s thing but I really didnt even know what formula s was when I bought it !!! BTW Im sure George will figure out his snafoo and that Dart of his is one of the prettiest damn Darts Ive ever seen.

Looks great Bill!..........Ya rotten SOB! :D Just kiddin buddy, I'm happy as a clam for ya dude!
Thanks for the kind words on the Dart. I finally got it to start with the help of a local Mopar guru.
I love the Mopar restoration battery! That looks FANTASTIC!!!!!

George
wherearemycyanidacapsules? :D

Glad to see progress. Looks great. We have had alot of progress in the past year from alot of members.

Well Sunday I was finally able to drive the Barracuda out of the garage under its own power. It was a great day out so I took a few shots while I had her out of the garage. I drove down the block and back a few times and the smoke I was getting from the exhaust has all but stopped thank god!!. I had to deal with a few coolant leaks and the old girl is having a tough time going into first gear but other than that it ran fine :toothy10:. Now Im gonna tie up some little stuff and a bunch of details but its great to have her running and driving again - till next post CHEERS :drinkers:

outside 1.jpg

outside 2.jpg

outside 3.jpg

outside 4.jpg

outside 5.jpg

Dude! That looks freakin awesome!
Man, I love that car. Hurry up, winter is comin!!!!!

Keep up the good work, Bill.

George

She looks pretty out there in the sun! Bet that was the best drive regardless of any issues. Keep us posted.

Thank you guys!! Im looking at going to Carslile for their fall show and picking up bumpers. Have any of you used TRI-CITY CHROME before they say the bumpers are guaranteed as long as the buyer owns the car.

Thanks again for the nice words, Bill

Thank you guys!! Im looking at going to Carslile for their fall show and picking up bumpers. Have any of you used TRI-CITY CHROME before they say the bumpers are guaranteed as long as the buyer owns the car.

Thanks again for the nice words, Bill

I`ve got Tri-City bumpers on my Dart, nice quality. Your car is really looking good, love the red interior.

I posted this in the 4 speed tech area - I was hoping if I post it here too someone may have some tips for me - Thanks Bill

Hello all - I am a novice with 4 Speeds - so I need some help from you guys with much more knowledge in this department. I just installed my 4 spd in the car. It was shifting just fine thru all 4 gears outside of the car, but, now that it is in the car it does not want to go into first gear. Could this be a clutch adjustment? Is there an initial clutch setting proceedure I should go thru? Do RPMs effect first gear? Any other suggestions for initially setting things up properly after having everything apart and freshly installing.
Thanks for any help!!

I noticed in your engine bay that the flange that surrounds your heater motor is off 90 degrees, the flat side should be facing the driver. Don`t know if it really matters other than asthetics?

BTW - Longgone I noticed how much this flange was bugging you so I turned it while I was woking on coolant leaks Sunday - LOL!!

I know about the windshieldless drives down the street.

I got to do that with mine a couple weeks ago, and now I have a transmission leak and my driveshaft is too long.

I had a small coolant leak too, and some residual that was freaking me out.

I hate working out the bugs, just don't rely on someone else's word that the wheel bolts are tight, or any other bolts for that matter.

Your car is looking really sharp!!!

I know about the windshieldless drives down the street.

I got to do that with mine a couple weeks ago, quote]

Yeah I was fine without the windshield - but I kept looking for the rear view mirror that wasnt there even though I knew it wasnt there - LOL
Its crazy how our brains are programed.

See ya - Bill

Here are a few progress pics from this week - I put all the door glass back in and installed new wiskers, installed the door panels, new door handles and had a glass man out to install the windshield. Now - I have a question - I have been told that the lockstrip from a dodge pickup will work in the bottom of my windsheild gasket on a 67(see pic # 5) has anyone tried this with success - if so did you glue it in and were there any special modifications I would have to make?? and what year truck?? Thanks in advance for any help guys.
See ya - Bill

door 1.jpg

door 2.jpg

door 3.jpg

door 4.jpg

door 5.jpg

I am going to use the 68-69 trim clips and screws and use stainless windshield trim from an A-body instead of the lockstrip stuff.

My buddy has a 78 ramcharger that he said the lockstrips are the same, but I'm sure someone else here knows exactly what year range works.

You said earlier that you were looking at your side mirror that was not there, funny, I caught myself doing that same thing.
I got mad at myself after I did it about three times.

-
Back