roller or hydraulic lifters

-
Hydraulic is always better. No problems with break-in, no wiping lobes, cam grinder can make steeper ramps w hyd., and can reuse lifters if change cam. Cons are more cost for hyd lifter cam, if older block need special lifter and maybe some grinding on block for clearance.

No expert, but I would think roller would be better just because there is less resistance. All the cam sims show roller putting out more power.

If you are going with a BIG cam roller is beter , but might have machining to do on the block . For a street machine no big difference , I have 12000 mile with hydraulic cam , no problems , 440 tq 420 hp . Lots of cars I know run hydraulic and have yet to see a wiped lobe on a cam , and they are hard on their cars .

On a street car which is better. The car does see the track a good bit.
Roller cam, Hyd. Or solid. It doesn't matter. Faster rate of valve lift, more area under curve, high valve lifts, wider power band, no break in oils, the abty to reuse theifters on the next cam.

Hydraulic is always better. No problems with break-in, no wiping lobes, cam grinder can make steeper ramps w hyd., and can reuse lifters if change cam. Cons are more cost for hyd lifter cam, if older block need special lifter and maybe some grinding on block for clearance.

Your answer, is, well, very confusing.
Re read what you wrote.

Roller cam, Hyd. Or solid. It doesn't matter. Faster rate of valve lift, more area under curve, high valve lifts, wider power band, no break in oils, the abty to reuse theifters on the next cam.

What "rumble" said.....

From what I remember, your engine is pretty fresh and runs strong as it's built now. I don't know if it's worth the cost for you to upgrade at this point? A roller will always pick up some performance, but if nothing changes with the combo and you just choose a equivalent cam to what you have now, the gains may not be enough to justify the swap for now.

-
Back