s6 to 318 swap please help

-

sampson7889

Reaction score
I have one month left before I get home from Iraq and I need help please. I have a 73 dart swinger w/auto tranny. Im swapping my 318 into it when I get back but am not sure what all I need to do the swap. I have my conversion mounts but beyond that i'm not sure. If anyone could help me with a list of parts i'll need or a link to where I can find it I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey Sampson,

A really great book to start with is "Chrysler Performance Upgrades" by Frank Adkins. It's an easy read with lots of good pictures and gives you a good overall look at what is needed for an engine swap. It also includes a number of other important upgrades to consider.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Performance-Upgrades-S--Design/dp/1884089402/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303829730&sr=1-3"]Amazon.com: Chrysler Performance Upgrades (S-a Design) (9781884089404): Frank Adkins: Books[/ame]

Good luck and thanks for your service.

When I did mine, it all bolted right in. The trans mount ya might wanna replace since it is old. After that, a quick cutting as per instructions for the mounts is all you'll need to do for the engine. The trans re-uses the /6 trans mount, the drive shaft will need to be shortened and re-balanced.

Thanks for the help. Now as for the tranny can I reuse the same bell housing or do I need to get another one? Also how would I go about shortening and balancing the driveshaft? I appreciate the patience im pretty young and this is my first!

-
Back