Shipping Parts

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
So this is how this item arrived from a member. Couple of the factory bolts for it gone, because they fell through the gaping hole at the top where the pedal pushed threw. I don't know, maybe at the very least wrap it in some newspaper or protect it with some extra cardboard ? Nope. Obviously some bubble wrap is out of the question here. Nope, just throw it in a box, and send it off.
Just Great !!!!! Rant over. Play through.

IMG_20230123_211131065.jpg

A blind retard couldda done better. No offense to blind retards.

SAD Some people are just clueless. Unfortunately, I’ve had items from Amazon shipped in the same condition no packing material or anything just an item thrown in a box loose.

Wow….that’s bad….that’s a USPS flat rate box so the extra weight doesn’t matter, the person could have atleast put newspaper in there and the bolts in a sandwich baggie and taped it to the pedal….c’mon people it’s not that hard!!

Last edited:
I've had stuff sent to me from Summit the same way in boxes twice as big as needed.
SAD Some people are just clueless. Unfortunately, I’ve had items from Amazon shipped in the same condition no packing material or anything just an item thrown in a box loose.

Not inclined to mention the member, in case one of us wants to buy from him ?

So this is how this item arrived from a member. Couple of the factory bolts for it gone, because they fell through the gaping hole at the top where the pedal pushed threw. I don't know, maybe at the very least wrap it in some newspaper or protect it with some extra cardboard ? Nope. Obviously some bubble wrap is out of the question here. Nope, just throw it in a box, and send it off.
Just Great !!!!! Rant over. Play through.

View attachment 1716039538
:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

Had a carb shipped to me pretty similar. At least he threw a couple of plastic bubbles to provide at least an illusion of packing.
Damage to the carb wasn't too bad but it still was damage, and the fuel feed - which was pretty valuable, was gone.
That was a big turn off from FABO and in particular FABO classifieds. Took a long time to overcome that.
1674695620901.png

1674695771702.png

For some reason the concept of packing so hobjects can't move around in the box seems to elude a few - that includes some on ebay and at least one of RockAuto's warehouses.

Had a carb shipped to me pretty similar. At least he threw a couple of plastic bubbles to provide at least an illusion of packing.
Damage to the carb wasn't too bad but it still was damage, and the fuel feed - which was pretty valuable, was gone.
That was a big turn off from FABO and in particular FABO classifieds. Took a long time to overcome that.
View attachment 1716039572

View attachment 1716039574

For some reason the concept of packing so hobjects can't move around in the box seems to elude a few - that includes some on ebay and at least one of RockAuto's warehouses.
Did you leave feedback at least?? I look at those before I buy anything from anyone on this site - I don't care how cheap the item is. It's a valuable tool.

Thanks for the heads up. Now, who was it?!!
Not going to do that. That's not my intention.
Hopefully he reads this, and learns. Wake up people. If someone is going to spend their hard earned money on your parts, at least have the wherewithal to get the parts to them in the same condition it leaves your house. Its not rocket science. Now I get to hunt down the parts to complete this pedal.

Did you leave feedback at least?? I look at those before I buy anything from anyone on this site - I don't care how cheap the item is. It's a valuable tool.
That was 2014. Don't think that feature existed then. Those PMs are gone. Just checked my email. Seller apologized and said he was embarressed and all that. He offered to put in a claim but only had the base insurance on it. I checked with some firends who dealt with shipping and said if he put in for a claim they would only give a partial since it was only a partial loss. Wasn't worth me pushing him to pursue. I think he learned that he had to pack better in the future, and shippers can be rough.

Lol, this MP repop air cleaner lid and base from Jegs, were plastic bagged individually and flopping around in an oversize box. I can fit three filter elements in the box......

1674696251418.png

Here's a Ford type starter and solenoid packed in the same box by one of RA's east coast warehouses.
That's the entire packing in the photo. No paper or bubble removed yet.
1674696768957.png

1674696860997.png

Are we surprised?
1674696937520.png

1674696985229.png

Yes. They sent a replacement but its a waste and annoying.
Fortunately I had a spare on the shelf.

Ya know, I'me convinced that there are so many people out there, that have absolutely no clew at all, how necessary it is to properly pack the contents in the box, to survive the journey from point A to point B.
I have a neighbor, that works the night shift at the USPS West Sacramento, distribution center, and he tells me stories what goes on in that terminal with box's on the conveyor belt lines, big packing containers, and loading, and unloading, of the tractor trailer rigs.
A couple of months back, i had an issue with some parts that were sent to me, that were lost in the system due to not the greatest of packaging.
But that seller was a stand up person, and made the transaction right with me.
Gave him a big thank you, for making it right.

This is my packaging method, the last dual snorkel air cleaner that i sold.
I crumple up the newspaper, into balls, and pack all the space of the box to fill all the voids.
Works well for me, and i don't hafta buy any packaging materials at Staples.

Dual Snorkel Boxed Up 003 (Small) (Mobile).JPG

Last edited:
It’s interesting to notice how some people think (or don’t think)!

Not going to do that. That's not my intention.
Hopefully he reads this, and learns. Wake up people. If someone is going to spend their hard earned money on your parts, at least have the wherewithal to get the parts to them in the same condition it leaves your house. Its not rocket science. Now I get to hunt down the parts to complete this pedal.
I understand. I appreciate the heads up. It was easy enough to figure out who it was. Not worth buying parts from someone who can't figure out how to package them up.

I always use this rule of thumb - if you can hear or feel the parts moving around when you shake the package, it wasn't packaged well enough.

I purchased a set of used Commando pistons, and the ONLY packing was fuckin ziploc sandwich bags on each piston. I shoulda **** in each one and sent them back to this "reputable" member.

I purchased a set of used Commando pistons, and the ONLY packing was fuckin ziploc sandwich bags on each piston. I shoulda **** in each one and sent them back to this "reputable" member.
Yeah that's kind of bullshit I mean they're designed to take an explosion on the top they're not supposed to knock into each other or other pieces of metal during shipping or storage or any other ******* time.... I'd have been pissed off about that myself I'd have been scared to run them unless they were magnifluxed at that point, and then at that point, what's the point?

I just shook my head...and to read his posts on here you would think hes meticulous. I didnt even look them over, just closed the box and put them on the shelf. If I ever rebuild the 273, I'll chk them over then.
Yeah that's kind of bullshit I mean they're designed to take an explosion on the top they're not supposed to knock into each other or other pieces of metal during shipping or storage or any other ******* time.... I'd have been pissed off about that myself I'd have been scared to run them unless they were magnifluxed at that point, and then at that point, what's the point?

View attachment 1716039572

View attachment 1716039574

I had that happen here and the shipper made me wait 3 months to get paid lol. Some people I tell ya.

-
Back