Show That Lowered A-body!

-
Heres my '72 Valiant. In the front its lowered 3 inches with torsion bar adjustment, the rear is lowered with 2 inch lowering blocks and the saggy factory rear leafs. And of course the car recieved a front end alignment right after this. Ride is still pretty good, body roll is drasticly reduced, and it looks killer. :cool:
That would look sweet with airbags, slammed to the ground, with tastefully chosen 18's and professionally painted matte black with chrome accents.

Aussie a body - lowered 2 inches in front and 1.5 at rear.

bak.jpg

Running 1.0" torsion bars in the front with CalTracs and mono leaf in the rear. Not sure how much it's been lower from stock.

Would like to get the front end a little lower but am already 1/2' from the bump stops, any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 3,064
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 3,013
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 4,671
Running 1.0" torsion bars in the front with CalTracs and mono leaf in the rear. Not sure how much it's been lower from stock.

Would like to get the front end a little lower but am already 1/2' from the bump stops, any suggestions?

Run the energy suspension short bumpstops that are abou3/8 to 1/2" tall as opposed to the much taller stock ones.

Mine and my Fathers Belvedere

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 2,937
  • valiant4.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 2,867
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,996
Have to admit, I love the look of this car. Helps keep me going back to my Duster instead of selling it and buying a late model Mustang.

Yea the owners name is Michael Crawford, super nice guy who has some amazingly innovative ideas! Ie: chainlink fence post caps that he uses as centercaps for the bullitt wheels!:mrgreen:

Yea the owners name is Michael Crawford, super nice guy who has some amazingly innovative ideas! Ie: chainlink fence post caps that he uses as centercaps for the bullitt wheels!:mrgreen:
thanks!!

and ive just gotta ask, howd you know my full name? i usually just sign stuff with my first.

and i have more innovation in the works, if i can just finally get caught up on customer stuff....

michael

Lol from protouring.com, i drooled over your car for a long time! About two years ago you gave me some specs on the autometer's in your factory rallye cluster if that rings a bell lol:mrgreen:

My son's '68 Dart, his first car. 4.5 inches under the K-member. Can't go any lower without dragging the exhaust on the speed bumps in our neighborhood. Hotchkiss springs with stock front mounts in back, MFR 2 inch drop spindles with 1 inch torsion bars and 11-3/4 drilled/slotted discs in front.

Attachments

• 8-30-2012 - small.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 2,962
My son's '68 Dart, his first car. 4.5 inches under the K-member. Can't go any lower without dragging the exhaust on the speed bumps in our neighborhood. Hotchkiss springs with stock front mounts in back, MFR 2 inch drop spindles with 1 inch torsion bars and 11-3/4 drilled/slotted discs in front.

What size tires are you running front and rear?

Do you run headers or stock exhaust manifolds?

What size tires are you running front and rear?

Do you run headers or stock exhaust manifolds?

Fronts are 205/50-16 on 16x7 Torq Thrust IIs with 4 inch bs.
Rears are 245/50-16 on 16x8 Torq Thrust IIs with 4.8 bs. Eventually we'll go to 17x7 front with 225/45-17, 4.75 bs and 17x8 rear, 245/45-17 with 5.25 bs. The current wheels work, but rub occasionally, like when turning into an inclined driveway. If I had known they'd be that close, I'd have gone with the 17s and more bs to start... live and learn.

The engine is a 318 with stock manifolds and 2.5 inch dual exhaust. The exhaust was done by the PO and hung really low. We had to do some finessing to tuck it up enough to not hit on speed bumps. We have a 383 that came with the car we plan to go through and install eventually. It'll get Schumacher shorty headers and stainless exhaust tucked up right when that happens....

Yep, been following his build for some time now.

How about a lowered Early A.....

Attachments

• 100_0433.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 2,913
Tincup, I am not a big fan of early A's, but that is one sweet looking car... I love it.

bth_MyDart_zps697d980e.jpg

Front end lowered almost 2". 1.03 PST torsion bars with PST sway bar and KYB shocks. Great ride.

Here is my work in progress.... Ladder bars with a 325/50/15 radial on a 12"rim. No motor in the car and I will be using a much smaller front tire.

2012-12-01_17-36-25_280.jpg

-
Back