Show Your Big Block A body!

-
My 1967 Barracuda

Cuda-1.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzK8Ku4LpfM"]502 Server Error[/ame]

Automobilia

DSCN6148.jpg

Man, yall SUCK! Yall are makin me wanna put a big block in my Scamp, now. Great cars yall. All of um.

I agree there are some very nice looking big block A-body's on here. here is a pick of the new engine i just put in my 1973 dodge dart.thanks mopar65

100_0775 (Large).jpg

100_0776 (Large).jpg

MoparsRule and mopar65, what's the specs on these?

mine is a 0.030 over 440 block
wisco pro true forged flat top pistons that are almost at zero deck 11.5.1 compression
Fire Core 8.5 plug wires and dist
steel crank
eagle rods
comp solid roller 264 @ 0.50 and 634 lift with 1.6 roller rockers
Indy EZ bowl ported heads flow 310-315 at .0600 lift
mopar m1 tunnel ram 2 750 carter comp carbs
tti 2x3-1/2 headers
crane HI-6R ing
built 440 with crt parts
5500 stall 9.5 inch converter
8-3/4 with 4.10 gears full spool
M/T 275/60/15 et street radials
all steel 73 dodge dart that weighes i hope around 3400 pounds with me in it. my goal is to run 10.50 or better on pump gas. also this car can be street leagle if i want it. so do you guys think i can make my goal? if i have to i will put some 110 race gas in it.i just got it running and have a little bit more to do to it before i can take it down the track.thanks Mopar658)

Rob R,

What size tires are you running on the back ?

ALW

Yall!!! DON'T LOOK!!!!! This is the thread that made me change my mind and go big block!!! STOP LOOKIN!!!!! Or you'll end up like me. LOL

It just got a fresh 440 (dyno 476HP and 500 FP). Had heaps of trouble getting the rocker covers to fit under the heater blower. Made a cut to fit it.

P1160896.JPG

P1160898.JPG

P1160899.JPG

P1160863.JPG

P1160865.JPG

P1160885.JPG

P1160890.JPG

P1160888.JPG

P1160891.JPG

It just got a fresh 440 (dyno 476HP and 500 FP). Had heaps of trouble getting the rocker covers to fit under the heater blower. Made a cut to fit it.

Hey Mate,

Good to see another Aussie Duster owner. I know your car.. Bloody beautiful machine... Well done.. Would love to see the car at Mopar Rumble in November (www.moparrumble.com.au)

With my Big Block conversion, I just took the heater motor out as i won't be using it.. Just made up an alluminium plate and worked out a treat! Did you use the Schumacher kit to get it all in. My driveline is all in and just need to finish off a few things before we fire it up. We are hoping for approx 400+ horses out of the little 383... I'm not overly fussed as it's a streeter and cruiser.. Won't be really seing the dragstrip..

Those are both some cool down under cars yall. Love the way you clearanced that valve cover. Looks very professional.

that motor looks like it should make way more than that, what carb are you running? and what cam?

the products it consists of IMO that looks to me like a 500hp motor...

I dunno. I was thinkin with iron heads, 476 was purdy dang good. That's 101 more than a HP 440. I figure 20-35 HP for the headers, maybe 15 for the rockers, 15 or 30 for the good intake and big carb and another 20 maybe for the hot ignition. Plus whatever cam he's got in it. Some people just don't want a pro stock engine to drive around all the time. (see me raisin my hand here) Seems right on track to me. Are you addin in some for the purdy air cleaner and valve covers? I went to high school with a guy like that. He honestly thought chrome valve covers were an easy 20 HP. No, I'm serious.

I dunno. I was thinkin with iron heads, 476 was purdy dang good. That's 101 more than a HP 440. I figure 20-35 HP for the headers, maybe 15 for the rockers, 15 or 30 for the good intake and big carb and another 20 maybe for the hot ignition. Plus whatever cam he's got in it. Some people just don't want a pro stock engine to drive around all the time. (see me raisin my hand here) Seems right on track to me. Are you addin in some for the purdy air cleaner and valve covers? I went to high school with a guy like that. He honestly thought chrome valve covers were an easy 20 HP. No, I'm serious.
hahaha no i forgot to calculate the valve covers lol. yeah i guess reading all of this i guess it makes sense, the 473 hp or whatever it was shocked me after looking at the pics...

-
Back