Slant SIx TTI Exhaust

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sup yall? I am wanting to see if any of yall have installed the slant six TTI exhaust yet. I would like pictures of the head pipe please. How much room it has specifically around the 90* bend where it points back towards the back of the car. I am trying to find out if there is enough room under that bend to use on a 170 also. Thank you drive through.

Ok, so nobody's used this yet? You mean I am the only one who has purchased the TTI head pipe?

Is that your pink car in your avatar? DO you have some big pictures of it?
Haha it’s red primer it does look pink.
A30C9799-A92F-4D55-BD3F-EDEA129D07D5.jpeg

ive read a few threads on this. Most say that it doesnot not fit early A cars well. I went to a local muffler shop (not midas) and they quoted me $280 cash for an installed mandrel bent 2 1/4 system with my choice of turbo or OEM style muffler. makes way more sense to me?

EDIT: just saw that the TTI price was for 2.5 in pipe....didnt even know this was a recommended option for slants

Last edited:
i mean any muffler shop can make a 2.5 head pipe, to the bumper, just got to go to a good welder. i dunno if theres many out there where your from but over here theres like a shop on every corner were im at lol.

They advertise it for the early cars. I asked several times if it fit the 64 with manual transmission and was assured that it did. They did not know if it would fit the 170. Since mine is in the air, I may just knock the front pipe off and see if this beeotch will fit.

no prob, my mistake. can you comment on the 2.25 vs 2.5 pipe? i didnt even know people were going to 2.5....i thought that the flange output is 2.25

They advertise it for the early cars. I asked several times if it fit the 64 with manual transmission and was assured that it did. They did not know if it would fit the 170. Since mine is in the air, I may just knock the front pipe off and see if this beeotch will fit.
oh yeah i remember when my buddy swapeed his 225 for a 170 his head pipe did not connect had to get it re done

oh yeah i remember when my buddy swapeed his 225 for a 170 his head pipe did not connect had to get it re done

Well, I am going to find out if by chance this fits the 170 as well. Got one flange bolt out but the other is being stubborn. Going to have to cut it. It's ok, because there is a broken bolt connecting the intake to exhaust so, while the car is down, I am going to pull the manifolds and fix that, too.

I bought one of these from TTI last Xmas. They advertise it for early A's but it was really designed around a newer body style. DDutra said they were willing to fab one up for free to anyone that would lend them an early A for the time needed to get the kinks worked out.

On my 64 Dart with a 225 the headpipe interfered with the steering, we dented it in on mine to make it not rub near the tie rod/centerlink. I would think that on a 170 it would make it an interference part, you will likely have to shorten it at the exhaust manifold. Also is closer than I like to a tranny line but I'll bend that out of the way when I get around to it. Looks to be about 3/8" between the pipe and the steering box and its bracket, that may also be too close for you.

Also muffler does not hang where they say it should on an early A (I looked at instructions for V8 cars as there were no instructions for this kit yet), but that isn't a terribly big deal I am sure you can make that part work easy enough.

Ground clearance is less than I would prefer, I bet on a newer A body it fits closer to the floorpan and is fine. In hindsight I would have just had a friend bend some pipe for me at a lower cost and better fit, albeit without mandrel bends (not like my 100hp six needs mandrel bends).

IMG_0261[1].JPG

IMG_0262[1].JPG

IMG_0263[1].JPG

Well, I am going to find out if by chance this fits the 170 as well. Got one flange bolt out but the other is being stubborn. Going to have to cut it. It's ok, because there is a broken bolt connecting the intake to exhaust so, while the car is down, I am going to pull the manifolds and fix that, too.

Looks like this 76 truck 225 head pipe is 3.5" across on the the bolt holes centers, for comparison.

20190901_110719.jpg

Interesting enough ^^^^^
That 76 225 truck exhaust was originally for a 3 on the tree in the truck, see it has a bigger bend to kick it away from the 3spd manual linkage.

The head pipe in the right is from a 72 Duster 225 automatic on the column set up, different angle on that one.

I'll have my head pipe off today sometime if I can get out there and stay on it with no interruptions. lol

no prob, my mistake. can you comment on the 2.25 vs 2.5 pipe? i didnt even know people were going to 2.5....i thought that the flange output is 2.25

Ha! I wish I could find one with the outlet that big. They did make one with a 2 3/16 outlet. That could certainly be opened up to 2 1/4, maybe 2 1/2.

I got my front pipe off. This TTI head pipe ALMOST fits with the 170. I could make it fit with two small dents, but I am not going to. There's no doubt it will fit with the 225. It will be tight, but it will fit.

I bought one of these from TTI last Xmas. They advertise it for early A's but it was really designed around a newer body style. DDutra said they were willing to fab one up for free to anyone that would lend them an early A for the time needed to get the kinks worked out.

On my 64 Dart with a 225 the headpipe interfered with the steering, we dented it in on mine to make it not rub near the tie rod/centerlink. I would think that on a 170 it would make it an interference part, you will likely have to shorten it at the exhaust manifold. Also is closer than I like to a tranny line but I'll bend that out of the way when I get around to it. Looks to be about 3/8" between the pipe and the steering box and its bracket, that may also be too close for you.

Also muffler does not hang where they say it should on an early A (I looked at instructions for V8 cars as there were no instructions for this kit yet), but that isn't a terribly big deal I am sure you can make that part work easy enough.

Ground clearance is less than I would prefer, I bet on a newer A body it fits closer to the floorpan and is fine. In hindsight I would have just had a friend bend some pipe for me at a lower cost and better fit, albeit without mandrel bends (not like my 100hp six needs mandrel bends).

View attachment 1715405147

View attachment 1715405148

View attachment 1715405149

Mine is bent a little different than that. It ALMOST fits now, with the 170. I mean it's CLOSE. It's also close to the floor pan, like the original. I'm not going to try to make it fit, because I want to save it for the 225.

You can buy a 2 1/4" flange that will bolt to the manifold. You can buy a 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" expansion pipe. Weld the pipe to the flange and now you have an adapter for your 2 1/2" pipe.

The best modification that I did to my old '73 Duster was to run a 2 1/2" exhaust pipe to the rear bumper.

You can buy a 2 1/4" flange that will bolt to the manifold. You can buy a 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" expansion pipe. Weld the pipe to the flange and now you have an adapter for your 2 1/2" pipe.

The best modification that I did to my old '73 Duster was to run a 2 1/2" exhaust pipe to the rear bumper.

Any info on where to find or part #s for the 2 1/4" flange &/or expansion pipe for those of us that are clueless? Thanks

-
Back