-
Status
Not open for further replies.

HemiEd

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
Bought this all new, the good shafts, roller rockers and hold downs. They are as new, never any blow ups or damage. The adjusters are perfect, about 400 street miles on the whole set up since new. Over $600 invested, will sell for $350 plus the ride.

Sorry, Glendale Heights, Illinois. It is suburb of Chicago.

147.jpg

Glendale Heights, Illinois, a burb of Chicago about 30 miles west of downtown.

I will throw in the pushrods on this deal, if that will sweeten it up.

I left this same reply in Ed's feedback profile so anyone who deals with him can see it there but I thought it should also go here to let everyone know how this turned out and that HemiEd is a man of his word. Please read below.

Just wanted to relate the story of what happened with this deal. Ed advertised this great looking set of 'like new' Harland Sharp rocker arms with shafts, hold downs etc etc. He even said he would throw in two sets of pushrods. All for $350 - sounded like a good deal to me so I pulled the trigger and sent a money order.

A day or two later, I got a message from Ed - he was very upset that after pulling the rockers off the heads that there was some 'damage' that he had not realized was there when he placed the ad. He was totally up front about everything and sent pictures. Turned out there was some wear on some of the sides of the rockers where they rode against the spacers. Also there was some gouge marks where it looked like the spring retainers were rubbing against the underside of the rocker bodies. Unfortunately the current condition of the rockers was definitely not 'as advertised'. Could they have been used? Probably. Did I want to pay $350 for them? Not really.

So Ed and I talked through PM. We agreed that since the parts were no longer what I was expecting and he would rather not sell them at a reduced price we decided a refund was the best solution.

He keep in good contact the entire time - he let me know when my money order arrived and that he had turned it around and sent it back out almost instantly. He even paid me back the dollar for the money order!

So I didn't end up with the rockers and Ed didn't get his money - but everything seemed to work out for the best.

I also just wanted to tell anyone who reads this that Ed is a great guy to deal with. I would not hesitate to make a deal with him again.

Cheers,

- Greg

That was nice of you Ed!

This kinda makes me wonder...An expensive (600 dollar) set of rocker arms are showing some wear (on sides of rocker arms) after only 400 miles? It this a "normal" wear and tear characteristic for these type of rocker arms? I am interested in seeing pics if you are willing to share them just so I could see what we are talking about here...I am simply just curious on product quality/design, and wonder if this is "normal wear" or "supposed to happen" on a 600 plus dollar set of rocker arms...

I left this same reply in Ed's feedback profile so anyone who deals with him can see it there but I thought it should also go here to let everyone know how this turned out and that HemiEd is a man of his word. Please read below.

Just wanted to relate the story of what happened with this deal. Ed advertised this great looking set of 'like new' Harland Sharp rocker arms with shafts, hold downs etc etc. He even said he would throw in two sets of pushrods. All for $350 - sounded like a good deal to me so I pulled the trigger and sent a money order.

A day or two later, I got a message from Ed - he was very upset that after pulling the rockers off the heads that there was some 'damage' that he had not realized was there when he placed the ad. He was totally up front about everything and sent pictures. Turned out there was some wear on some of the sides of the rockers where they rode against the spacers. Also there was some gouge marks where it looked like the spring retainers were rubbing against the underside of the rocker bodies. Unfortunately the current condition of the rockers was definitely not 'as advertised'. Could they have been used? Probably. Did I want to pay $350 for them? Not really.

So Ed and I talked through PM. We agreed that since the parts were no longer what I was expecting and he would rather not sell them at a reduced price we decided a refund was the best solution.

He keep in good contact the entire time - he let me know when my money order arrived and that he had turned it around and sent it back out almost instantly. He even paid me back the dollar for the money order!

So I didn't end up with the rockers and Ed didn't get his money - but everything seemed to work out for the best.

I also just wanted to tell anyone who reads this that Ed is a great guy to deal with. I would not hesitate to make a deal with him again.

Cheers,

- Greg
Thanks Greg, it was a pleasure interacting with you on this as well, and once again, I apologize for the inconvenience. As I said, I should have pulled them prior to listing them, and shouldn't have assumed nothing had happened in that short time since the last cam install.

So does this means there still not for sale or what...Artie

Yes sir, but I would rather hold on to them, than take less. There is nothing wrong with the funtionality of them. I think my guides are shot on these heads, and allowed the keepers to "wonder" into the rockers.
We need more EDs around. Way to go Ed.
Thanks, as I told Greg, my rep is more important to me than the price of these rockers.

That was nice of you Ed!

This kinda makes me wonder...An expensive (600 dollar) set of rocker arms are showing some wear (on sides of rocker arms) after only 400 miles? It this a "normal" wear and tear characteristic for these type of rocker arms? I am interested in seeing pics if you are willing to share them just so I could see what we are talking about here...I am simply just curious on product quality/design, and wonder if this is "normal wear" or "supposed to happen" on a 600 plus dollar set of rocker arms...

I will post the pictures, and I blame myself for all of it really. I never ran this type of lifter on the street before, just on my race car. 200-400 miles would be a lot of passes on the drag strip.

I didn't have these guides done, when I did the heads, and honestly I think they are the culprit. Only a couple have the size wear, and it is very slight through the anodize. Could I have had them set up too tight, with the spacing shims they provide? Possibly, not sure.

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

One more thing I learned from this deal. Since this metal had to go somewhere, I decided to pull #8 rod cap. I had already done the old "side to side" movement test, and they all appeared to be fine.

Sure enough, #8 rod bearing had lost its tension, was down to the copper, and it would not have been long until it spun. I think the good H-Beam rods helped keep it from happening.

#7 looked just fine, but the rear main obviously had a little crap go through it.

I was going to list this stroker motor for sale next, but now I am going to take the crank in and have it checked to see if it needs turned.

Not sure what I am going to do now, but love looking at these pieces, they sure are pretty.

ED,that little bit of wear wouldn't worry me. I have seen allot worse on some dirt track motors..I like to run 3 to 5thos.between them.and I also run 3 on the bearings but I run 40or50wt. the motor I was putting together the boy bought a new set. if I had the extra cash I would buy them. I like dealing with people like you theres not to many honest people around any more... thanks Artie

ED,that little bit of wear wouldn't worry me. I have seen allot worse on some dirt track motors..I like to run 3 to 5thos.between them.and I also run 3 on the bearings but I run 40or50wt. the motor I was putting together the boy bought a new set. if I had the extra cash I would buy them. I like dealing with people like you theres not to many honest people around any more... thanks Artie

Thanks Artie, life is too short to burn bridges with people. I truly appreciate everyone's nice comments, and felt like a total idiot inconveniencing Greg on this deal. He took his lunch time, and picked up a money order and got it mailed off.

I think you are right about the clearance, and make a great point. I remember now setting these up so that they were dead on, lined up with the push rod hole/valve stem, the best I could.
This is the first time I had the HS shims and hold downs, as I just used modified stock stuff, with my race motor years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back