small block rocker shaft studs

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Is there a reason why ARP does not make a 5/16 stud to hold down the rocker shafts on a small block? I am using eddy heads and thought that some studs would work well for the rocker shafts. I also can't find 5/16 header studs in thier book. I can buy grade 8's no sweat. Any thoughts?

Grade 8 is more than enuff for those parts. However, you van purchase stronger bolts at the hardware store if you really wanted too.
APR has reduced head diameter bolts for the headers. Those will make tightening up the headers alot easier with a small headed bolt. (I think it was a 3/8 head.)

I like the idea of Studs for the rocker shafts too.....I hate taking bolts in and out of aluminum. I know on my eddy heads I switched to VC studs and that is much nicer too......check with a local bolt/nut supplier I bet they can make you or they have a set of studs for that.

You can get a stud and machined hold down kit from hughes performance
for your small block or big block. I just got both and have installed my small block set. You should know that you may have clearance problems depending on your rocker and retainer sizes. I had to install the studs after placing my
shafts and rockers on the head, then install the nuts. You may also have to machine some of the holddowns to align your particular rockers. I had to with my W2's. The results will be worth it, as they should really help in securing you shafts and keep you from stripping the threads on your heads

those work on the W2 type heads but do they have a kit for the Eddy and stock heads that have the rocker stands cast in?

my w2' are econo's so they do have the pedestals. and I know they work
cause I fired her up yesterday and there are no dents in my rocker covers!!
ha ha.

I seen the set on Hughes site....$74 you get the studs, retainers and shims.....not a bad deal.

-
Back