So, What's Your Favorite Burger Chain Place?

-
They had an extensive cardboard fold-out city on their burger boxes complete with cars.

I had about 60 of them and there were a LOT I didn't have.

1/64 scale.

I have been on a lifelong quest to try the best burger in every town I go to. I'm sure @krazykuda can attest to Millers, the Redcoat, the Sidetrack and other Detroit favorites. The Hunka Hunka Burning Burger at Marlowes in Memphis was a great burger too. Funny that Nella has never had a hamburger in her life, and wants nothing to do with trying one, or any kind of sandwich for that matter!!

There was a dragstrip in Irwindale. A real dragstrip, 1320 feet long and everything. The concession stand burgers were so bad we called them "Blacktop Burgers". We would leave there, go to Azusa Ave to this funky little place called In N Out. It barely had a parking lot, it had a drive thru and walk up window, 2 picnic tables outside. Eat our fill and head back to the desert. They built a Miller brewery on top of that dragstrip. Many of the privateers were brightly adorned with "Miller Beer Sucks" on their hot rods at the Last Blast. I didn't touch a Miller for years after that. Ahhh, the teenage memories :rolleyes:

They had an extensive cardboard fold-out city on their burger boxes complete with cars.

I had about 60 of them and there were a LOT I didn't have.

1/64 scale.
My first real job was at Burger Chef, at age 14, had to have a work permit, since I was so young. Ended up being a night manager by 16. But then they FIRED me...for firing the GM'S wife, on my shift, for not doing her job... You know.. layin around cause she knows sumbody... LOL....

Interestingly, I rated Denny's as second.
I never see them involved in any of these surveys, though.

I only listed the 'fast food' burger places in my initial post.
Denny's ranked #115 on the full list with only a 34% loyalty score.

There was a dragstrip in Irwindale. A real dragstrip, 1320 feet long and everything. The concession stand burgers were so bad we called them "Blacktop Burgers". We would leave there, go to Azusa Ave to this funky little place called In N Out. It barely had a parking lot, it had a drive thru and walk up window, 2 picnic tables outside. Eat our fill and head back to the desert. They built a Miller brewery on top of that dragstrip. Many of the privateers were brightly adorned with "Miller Beer Sucks" on their hot rods at the Last Blast. I didn't touch a Miller for years after that. Ahhh, the teenage memories :rolleyes:

In'n'Out actually provided food at Irwindale Raceway at some point until the track closed.
From a past article in the Orange County Register newspaper:
"In 1965, Harry Snyder [founder of In'n'Out with his wife Esther] invested in the newly built Irwindale Raceway and remained half-owner until it was demolished in the mid-1970s. The track developed a reputation among racers for having top-notch food, supplied by Snyder."
Here's a link to the entire article (good reading):
Drag-racing heiress keeps In-N-Out on course – Orange County Register

Last edited:
Jim's bar and grill on my back patio. Too many mass produced burgers in my life.

So, anyone who wants a really good hand pattied burger can go as close as the nearest Denny's.

...or stay away based on an internet survey and miss out.

In'n'Out actually provided food at Irwindale Raceway at some point until the track closed.
From a past article in the
Orange County Register newspaper:
"In 1965, Harry Snyder [founder of In'n'Out with his wife Esther] invested in the newly built Irwindale Raceway and remained half-owner until it was demolished in the mid-1970s. The track developed a reputation among racers for having top-notch food, supplied by Snyder."
Here's a link to the entire article (good reading):
Drag-racing heiress keeps In-N-Out on course – Orange County Register

I heard that same thing years later. His In N Out experts must have been absent the first time we tried the Black Top Burgers. They were nasty! :p If we were really on our game, we got their early, backed the pickup next to the pit side fence at about half track, set up the lawn chairs and got comfy.

Burger Chef !!!! Any of you Crusty Old Guys remember them ????
Gag me with a sharp tined fork. Probably the only place I ever ate that was worse than White Castle. There was one in Topeka, and I could never understand why people went there.

I have been on a lifelong quest to try the best burger in every town I go to. I'm sure @krazykuda can attest to Millers, the Redcoat, the Sidetrack and other Detroit favorites. The Hunka Hunka Burning Burger at Marlowes in Memphis was a great burger too. Funny that Nella has never had a hamburger in her life, and wants nothing to do with trying one, or any kind of sandwich for that matter!!

I've been to Millers and they have great burgers... :D

In LA NOW. Ate in and out two days ago. Very not impressed! Please understand I live in Portland OR. We have waaayy to many gourmet burger joints chains and other... Foster Burger, Killer Burger,....

Anybody ever eaten at DairyPalace or Storm’s in Texas?

SONIC ...OMG, YUM

the only thing I don't like is they expect tips and give a puppy dog look about it. I don't like that because I rarely have loose cash out for such things, especially now that they have the card swipe thingy on the menu thingy.

I don't really feel a tip should a thing at a fast food joint. you don't really tip at any other "fast food" place. I don't like the guilt and awkward feeling so I always go their window at sonic and park the car in a non serviced spot.

Just me I guess.

If any of you come up to Calgary Alberta, you have to try Peter's Drive in.
They have the best burgers i have ever had and have been in business in the same location for many years.
There is always a big line up, so plan to wait a bit, but it's worth it. It looks like an old school burger stand.
Another great option is to go to A&W up here.
The burgers, Chicken, and Root Beer are fantastic.
A&W in the U.S. has a different menu than in Canada and the burgers etc. are terrible. The Root Beer is good though..........
Five Guys is pretty good, so is Fatburger and Dairy Queen.
Wendy's is okay, but i hate Burger King anything and McDonalds except for the fries and breakfast sandwiches.
While in the U.S., I tries Hardees/Carl's Jr. and it was pretty good and so was In and Out as well as Big Boy.
I haven't tried Sonic yet, but i am told it's pretty good...........
Personally, i buy medium ground beef at the supermarket and make my own patties, and also medium ground pork.
I'll cook those up and it's usually better than anything that you can buy at a burger joint............

-
Back