Solid roller lifters

-
The open pressure was just a rough guess. Trying to get ahold of trick glow now. Does anybody know the actial open pressure on the 270 max wedge heads?

I have been running the Comp Cams solid rollers in my HEMI for years. Street and strip duty. No issues so far....

So I just got off the phone with trick flow those Max wedge 270 heads have a 600 lb pressure when open. I don't mind spending the money to do it right but I don't see the point in spending the money where it isn't needed

Summits sales pitch. ?? Wonder how many companies are actually making lifters, I`d almost bet there aren`t very many. Probably 2-3 making everybodies, much like motor oil coming out of refineries.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that we make everything from raw american steel right here at Crower in San Diego CA.

Which comp rollers are you using

Not sure of the part number. I have another set of brand new ones that came with the car when I bought it. I can look on the box and get the part number if you want...

I will look when I get home from the Braves game tonight. I am going straight from work to the game. I will get back to you tomorrow...

I guess I just need to make a decision and stick with it and hope it works out. I talked to IMM and Indio and they recommended the Bam lifters

So I just got off the phone with trick flow those Max wedge 270 heads have a 600 lb pressure when open. I don't mind spending the money to do it right but I don't see the point in spending the money where it isn't needed
600# @ .720" lift. And then you haven't said how high your lift is. I suppose it is a secret, which is okay. I've run my Comp Cams 829-16 to 280# installed 780# open @ .800" lift.

Lift is 660. And I will still take that part #. Haven't made a choice yet. Crower is what was used in the inlaws comp eliminator.

Oh, BAMM are also good lifters in my book. I've been using them in my small block biulds.

Lift is 660. And I will still take that part #. Haven't made a choice yet. Crower is what was used in the inlaws comp eliminator.

I pulled out the box and looked at the number. The Comp Cams part # for these lifters is: 829-16.

Anything but Howard's for the street. In the process of pulling my motor. Looks like there are better options on this thread. Thanks for posting guys. Andrew

Dart19666 got me a killer deal on some Crowers... Offset cups, Hippo severe duty for my 408.

Thanks!

Anything but Howard's for the street. In the process of pulling my motor. Looks like there are better options on this thread. Thanks for posting guys. Andrew

Why anything but Howards? Have you tried the Howards Street Roller solid roller lifter?

Why anything but Howards? Have you tried the Howards Street Roller solid roller lifter?

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

What is the wheel diameter on those lifters?
I will check when I get home. I'll see if there is one that is still round. These have less than 3000 miles on them. I have a separate thread on my issue. I don't want to take f
that looks like crap in the motor more than a bad lifter, on second thought looks like the bearings came apart.
ha! Crap came from the lifters from ideling around town. The lifters may be ok for track use, but in my case it was the wrong application. I had muscle motors build the motor for me, I did not know enough about lifter selection etc. I guess that helped with my "good deal".

-
Back