Some TrickFlow curiosity work

-
I have my own set of numbers that I will validate at the track. I agree with you though on the more info we have the better. I just wish we had more info on these heads…, lol

What were the words out of your head porters mouth about before porting numbers.

I would've thought that Trick Flow would've had the head flowing better until .600 lift or so since to me it's more a performance head. Most guys that build an engine use a fairly decent size cam in their engines, I'm not saying it needs to be a .700-.800 lift, but .600 is pretty common anymore.

I would've thought that Trick Flow would've had the head flowing better until .600 lift or so since to me it's more a performance head. Most guys that build an engine use a fairly decent size cam in their engines, I'm not saying it needs to be a .700-.800 lift, but .600 is pretty common anymore.
According to Trick Flow's published numbers, it does flow good up to .600 lift however others have found this to not be consistent with what they see on their bench.

This is for sure a “street head” and 100% aimed at that market. Talking to these guys and Harland Sharp plans are for a racier head. But then Covid happened so everything everywhere was affected. They love the Mopar market so let’s give them time to get it out. What really kinda pissed me off was the hit or miss advertised flow numbers. And the small valve seats

This is for sure a “street head” and 100% aimed at that market. Talking to these guys and Harland Sharp plans are for a racier head. But then Covid happened so everything everywhere was affected. They love the Mopar market so let’s give them time to get it out. What really kinda pissed me off was the hit or miss advertised flow numbers. And the small valve seats
I feel like TF did a really good job with the BB 240 and 270 heads and I was pleased with my 240s I got. My dad got a set of TF 190s and he picked up roughly .15 in the 1/8 mile compared to Edelbrock's on the same engine. Both were OTTB, but maybe it was just me, but I was hoping/expecting a little more picked up than that.

I saw that as well. One thing to note (not that it matters) but he is a Trick Flow dealer. I would like to see an unbiased review from someone like PBR.... *hint hint*
I know Eric personally and he is a very honest and decent guy with morals and knows how to keep B.S. out of his life. J.Rob

One of the trick flow engineers said they focus on .300-.500" lifts for street heads.

I know Eric personally and he is a very honest and decent guy with morals and knows how to keep B.S. out of his life. J.Rob
I could see that, He always says just don't take his word and stresses that he don't know everything and it's just his opinion and feel free to get others.

I don't doubt him at all. Simply stating it would be nice to see way more unbiased content on these heads. You see stuff everywhere for Edelbrocks and SpeedMasters and hardly anything on the Trick Flows.

I don't doubt him at all. Simply stating it would be nice to see way more unbiased content on these heads. You see stuff everywhere for Edelbrocks and SpeedMasters and hardly anything on the Trick Flows.

Or TrickFlow 240 or 270 either. Maybe if they were given some hood testing issues would be found with them too. Lots of underperforming big blocks out there.

Keep them coming, those that critique your work can go pound sand.
Don't let the chatter stop you.
I don’t think there is anybody here who doesn’t value the knowledge PBR brings to the forum.
That said, honest critique from a knowledgeable poster should always be welcomed

I don’t think there is anybody here who doesn’t value the knowledge PBR brings to the forum.
That said, honest critique from a knowledgeable poster should always be welcomed

I love to see any and all info on any of these heads we run. I do prefer to see before and after numbers from the same port. There are a few guys stuff I’ve avoided because I know their numbers are off but like I’ve said before numbers sell.

I have my boy flowing a set of Trick Flows this morning…he already called and mentioned that the dowel pins don’t line up good with the gasket…

I have my boy flowing a set of Trick Flows this morning…he already called and mentioned that the dowel pins don’t line up good with the gasket…
Interesting…. They lined up perfect on mine with cosmetics. This picture might not show it but I definitely checked.

IMG_2639.jpeg

Might be the head… might be the gasket… or he’s having a bad day

-
Back