Sorry another 408 hp guesstimate (choosing Fitech system)

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Alright guys I'm really not sure what power this engine will make once I get it back together. I'm thinking of going with a fitech efi system (600horsepower rating) but don't want to have to spend the extra money for the 1200hp system if I don't need it.

Curious what horsepower you guys think she will put out.

Here's the engine combo.
Scat 408 stroker 11.5:1 compression
Lunati 60405 cam 242/252 @ 50 568/589 lift with 1.6 rockers
Ported eddy heads
Port Matched edelbrock Super Victor intake
TTI headers. Dumped borla xr1 3"

I'm looking for N/A crank horsepower , but a side note will be spraying 150. I was told that the efi systems ratings are based on N/A and not to worry about the nitrous side.

Keep in mind the limited hand held tuning matrix. You CAN laptop tune, but word on the street your better off with another system if your gonna race it and want to get the absolute BEST out of your engine. You seem to get what you pay for. Holley has a nice system. You could also Megasquirt it. Seems that if your gonna do EFI, it might be nice to think about multi-port.

I'd spend to be safe than sorry. But is it really needed?
That is the question isn't it?

Now the N02, what system are you going to use?

Was going to go with the fitech 600hp power adder. I love all the nitrous features, and the idea have not having to mess with my tank.

I looked at the terminator kit and I know they have a free upgrade to the hp software to run nitrous, but I've been getting lots of mixed reviews. It's also seems very confusing when it comes to the nitrous side. Another harness required at mor exspense??

Anyways about the fitech I have heard nothing but great reviews and have been searching trying to find some who hate it, and nothing has come up yet. Maybee people with the odd hicup but nothing serious.
I don't wish to go multiport.

Anyways if I choose to stay away from efi (conversion kits) I'll just get a new holley 850 or quick fuel race q......

Was just mostly curious on how much horsepower my set up might be making.

Any input is much appreciated

500hp without nitrous

I run a 408 with 9:1 CR
smaller cam, 1.5 rocker ratio and massaged stock cast heads but arguably a better intake (wieand action plus)...and I'm putting out 420Hp and 470 pounds of torque

so 500 seems doable from your combo

Anyways about the fitech I have heard nothing but great reviews and have been searching trying to find some who hate it, and nothing has come up yet. Maybee people with the odd hicup but nothing serious.

In the FItech thread, and beyond, there are people talking about the limited 3x3 matrix for timing and fuel with the hand held. Google that.

You could just get use your wideband and get some of brass feeds and bleeds for that holley too. But I know what you want, EFI looks easier on paper, especially with power adders...

I'm sure you've read my Burton machine tech and the 'OCD holley tuning' thread. So I'll spare you links.

This is what was said when I contacted a FItech dealer about this very system:

Me:

"So is the mapping matrix/system as limited as old dude said it is? Does it have only a 3x3 matrix?

Can you laptop it?

Thanks!"

Him:

"I dont remember the exact matrix but it wouldn't surprise me. This isn't for someone needing half a degree here and there. Its a cheap and easy kit for street cars that may occasionally see some track use.

You can laptop tune it. But again if you are looking for extreme tuning. A fast or dominator is the way to go."

Look, I know your not a big fan of me, or what I say. BUT! I'm NOT nay-saying, because I don't own one. I'm just playing devils advocate. $1000 is a $1000. Especially if it's the wrong way.

Thanks I appreciate all input. The main reason I was looking at the efi systems was the easy tuneing and drivability.
When i used to live in Victoria BC @ sea level, tuning my carb on my old duster was easy. Did it once. Left it alone, ran great forever.
Now living in Calgary @ 3000+ft it's more of a pain in the ***, and constantly changing tunes.
Anyways if these efi systems are not right for my set up. I'll just stick with carb, I know a lot more about them, then fuel injection. Lol.

There is absolutely no reason that FITech wont work as well as a carb, power wise.It will work much better in many ways that carbs cant. It is not MPFI but you dont want that anyway. It should have the same tuning abilities as a carb. Remember, if using a 150 shot kit, it has its own fuel so it doesnt detract from the HP rating of the FITech unit. The 600 will be plenty. I would recommend a Tanks Inc tank with GMP-4 in tank pump and #6 AN feed and return line.

I have tanks, pump and line kits on special deal for FABO guys. A few members here work for companys that sell FITech and support them very well. Look in FI Tech thread to find them.

Thanks. I've been all over the fitech threads and talked with jinny at pace performance. I know that the nitrous is it's own and the ratings are aside from it.
I just wasn't sure what my engine N/A would make power wise, but from the sounds of it I should be ok with the 600hp kit.

Now to make up my mind wether the efi is worth it or not.

-
Back