speedmaster stuff pulled from Summit racing shelves

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Not sure what or how much, but what I saw said valve bodies. Dont know about the rest, but the way I read it, appeared everything they sell.

Looks like Summit is pulling EVERYTHING from Speedmaster now. Go to the Summit website and search Speedmaster. No results.

It looks like Speedmaster copied a small company's valve bodies for Ford transmissions, and they included the original manufacturer's name and logo on the product! CNC milled into it!!

Here's the original video that started the whole thing. If you dig through the comments you'll see Summit commenting, and now they're saying they are totally dropping Speedmaster products:

Follow up video I haven't watched yet:

Yeah, Summit said EVERYTHING from Speedmaster. Summit don't play around with that kinda crap.

Highly likely Summit could be sued selling counterfeit parts. But great to see Summit do the right thing and stop selling them.

Kudos to Broader for bringing this to light. I've purchased a few things from Speedmaster before, but never again. There is no way they can "explain" how this accidentally happened. Good on Summit to dump the entire line.

I feel bad for the honest guy trying to make a living selling a great product that works and gets ripped off by a copy that doesn't work. Now his Co. gets the bad rap. Glad to see Summit do the right thing.

Highly likely Summit could be sued selling counterfeit parts. But great to see Summit do the right thing and stop selling them.
oh that's 100%

when the lawyers throw the net they're gonna cast as wide and as far as possible. i'm guessing this is summit taking counter measures to limit their liability. i mean, also good on them for proactively dropping everything. that sends a strong message and is good for the industry as a whole.

Summit is a corporate biz who will sell anything and up to the point of this viral video they stopped because of the possible legal issue that may yet still arise from selling a counterfeit copy.

As he said, Corporations don’t care about you, they care only for money. That’s a 100% fact.

That’s Summit and every other big place corp.

The big shame is the government allowing this crap to go on for so long and not give 2 craps or listen to anything about it.
Nope, just keep giving the communist government nation your money so they can build garbage parts for you and better spyware and weapons to use against us.

But yet, Americans still by chink stuff & cry and complain about the lack of American stuff, loss of jobs, inflation…..

Learn to speak cantonese!!!!!!

They all know as much as we know that there just a big cop cat company ripping off America while sending it up our ***.

We know that they totally ripped off Edelbrock & many others.
This is not new news, just brought to light.

But yet everybody will hurry up and buy the cheap heads on Black Friday!

Learn to speak, Cantonese fellas, learn to speak, Cantonese!

For the most part, Summit has always been a stand up company. I almost went to work for them after College. Went to Tallmadge, OH for 2 interviews and everything.

And stuff like this is why I will always buy from them, even of it's a few bucks more. Guys think they're getting deals on Amazon until they get a counterfeit or returned item. Jeff Bezos and the other lizards don't give a ****.

Summit does

I heard the barge that ran into the bridge was loaded with Seadblaster parts from the Summit warehouse headed back to China.
Anyone else hear that. lol

LMAO!!! Sorry, I don’t believe that one bit.
They butter your *** and make it right as so it to loose your biz and collect more money from you later.

They video was 100% correct that big corp doesn’t give a crap about you, just your money.

If you think summit care, you have drunk up to much of there cool-aid!

LMAO!!!!! Don’t continue to fall for that bull ****.

Summit is a corporate biz who will sell anything and up to the point of this viral video they stopped because of the possible legal issue that may yet still arise from selling a counterfeit copy.

As he said, Corporations don’t care about you, they care only for money. That’s a 100% fact.

That’s Summit and every other big place corp.

The big shame is the government allowing this crap to go on for so long and not give 2 craps or listen to anything about it.
Nope, just keep giving the communist government nation your money so they can build garbage parts for you and better spyware and weapons to use against us.

But yet, Americans still by chink stuff & cry and complain about the lack of American stuff, loss of jobs, inflation…..

Learn to speak cantonese!!!!!!

Lots of stuff I've been involved with has been knocked off overseas. The government knows, has the tools to mitigate it, but doesn't care.
Patents and copyright are useless to enforce anything to do with China. Getting a judgment is a long process and costly, collecting on a judgement is effectively impossible.
Customs enforcement used to try and enforce some IP protections but these days no one has any time for it.
That's why you can order machineguns and suppressors from wish.com..
China is unsafe for business, unsafe for customers.

I don't think it's the copycat **** that's getting them in trouble. It's the fact that they actually put the dude's business name on it. Dude's lawyer should have a field day with this one.

I don't think it's the copycat **** that's getting them in trouble. It's the fact that they actually put the dude's business name on it. Dude's lawyer should have a field day with this one.
I don’t know about that. Read above, IMO, Phreakish nailed it.

No they won't. Bare minimum it would be a million dollars for him to pursue a suit, and that's before discovery and trial. Been down that road, there's nothing to gain if you can't prove losses of at least a few tens of millions.
Even if some lawyer took it pro bono speedmaster would just change their name, again, and avoid liability, again.

i think you mean Mandarin, no?

don't matter to me none either way, i'm all set wtih Taiwanese Hakka
Where I lived and work in New York City, the Chinese that have immigrated to New York or snuck in as the case may be, speak Cantonese. That’s why I said what I said. LOL

CANTONESE AND MANDARIN OR THE ONLY DIALECTS OF THE CHINESE PEOPLE I KNOW OF. I’M SURE THERE’S MORE BUT, I DON’T KNOW!

Whoops! Sorry about the quotes my bad!

I didn't see any machine guns, but polarized sunglasses for 79 cents, what a bargain. I think I'll get me 10 pair. lol

I don't speek ghetto, so I'm not sure what the search term of the day is, but for years there have been a few hundred thousand auto sears for glocks and rifles shipping in from alibaba and wish. In fact, Chicago is now using that as grounds for suing glock. I'm sure the feds didn't turn a blind eye to the import of illicit goods in order to further the agenda of the incumbent regime, either.

-
Back