Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thinking of getting a tattoo on my forehead actually
1849_v9_bb.jpg

Morning all. A busy day for me won't stop until late afternoon.
Find out today if the Grandson has surgery on his broken leg. Based on my past experiences I say no.
Have a great day!!

Good morning Coffeeland. 518 posts to read? Kinda slow. What did I miss?
Meanwhile, I got the trans removed and replaced in the Demon, put in the stall converter, and swapped over the manual valve body. Now just need the top to base gaskets for the tunnel ram to show up and the car is ready for spring.

Good morning Coffeeland. 518 posts to read? Kinda slow. What did I miss?
Meanwhile, I got the trans removed and replaced in the Demon, put in the stall converter, and swapped over the manual valve body. Now just need the top to base gaskets for the tunnel ram to show up and the car is ready for spring.
Sounds like you got a lot done. We have Christmas here tonight. Had my side of the fsmily here last night. The wife went to work today so I have a kitchen full of dishes to wash and put away. I spent too many hours on my feet yesterday so I am off to the chiropractor this afternoon. I hope the tingling is a pinched nerve and not my heart valve again.

So, Dad was lurking about and saw some posts about a distributor cap moving while cranking. Same happened to him. It turned out to be the roll pin that locks the reluctor to the distributor shaft. When pressing it down, the pin came up and the rotor wouldnt go down far enough. Not sure who posted it but Hoppy was helping. Please pass info on...

So, Dad was lurking about and saw some posts about a distributor cap moving while cranking. Same happened to him. It turned out to be the roll pin that locks the reluctor to the distributor shaft. When pressing it down, the pin came up and the rotor wouldnt go down far enough. Not sure who posted it but Hoppy was helping. Please pass info on...
that would be me! I'll check it out thanks!

Points system, no reluctor good call though.

Picking away at front end on the Fargo. Got all 4 tie rod ends off, cleaned and flushed out all the old grease. 4 new dust boots and its time to assemble. Not 1 call or text today. So far no work into the new year. Quiet is nice, but no income could put the clamps on a few things.

Picking away at front end on the Fargo. Got all 4 tie rod ends off, cleaned and flushed out all the old grease. 4 new dust boots and its time to assemble. Not 1 call or text today. So far no work into the new year. Quiet is nice, but no income could put the clamps on a few things.
Curse and a blessing.. Enjoy your down-time.. You'll be swamped again before you know it..

These covers are set up pretty nice. Fits like a glove. Thanks for the recommendation and the tarp grabbers @Ddaddy. It came with 3 straps and sewn in latches front, mid and back. I did use the grabbers to add bungees behind front wheels and in front of back wheels. Then roped around at the windshield to keep it from ballooning.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm gonna go get my GTS, first week of Jan. What a PIA...Very disappointed in George!!! Already trying to find a new painter. So far, 2 no's..."No more projects, I only do Ins work now" WTF....This will be a *****, finding someone to finish this deal.....:wtf::wtf::wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Looks like I'm gonna go get my GTS, first week of Jan. What a PIA...Very disappointed in George!!! Already trying to find a new painter. So far, 2 no's..."No more projects, I only do Ins work now" WTF....This will be a *****, finding someone to finish this deal.....:wtf::wtf::wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
That bites. :(

Bummer! Sorry that didn't work out.

Done and dun

Easy money and I made sure all the clips and brackets and hose routings went back

Just went on a test drive and it's soooooo...... quiet

20191223_125620.jpg

Felt kinda weird breaking out my metric tool set after a long time :eek:

Almost everything is 10mm .

Motor mount nut is 21mm
Lugs 19mm same as 3/4

Little stuff 8mm
And I think there were a couple 14mm bolts

Pretty much it

Felt kinda weird breaking out my metric tool set after a long time :eek:

Almost everything is 10mm .

Motor mount nut is 21mm
Lugs 19mm same as 3/4

Little stuff 8mm
And I think there were a couple 14mm bolts

Pretty much it
Just went through that with my boy's Ferd Escape yesterday. Had to replace leaky trans cooler/AC condenser. Both metric and SAE stuff on it..

-
Back