Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I ended up going with the car quest brand from advance auto.

They were a bit more than orieleys but I think most of that car quest branded stuff is good stuff.

Auto zone wanted a core, don't know why advance didn't.

I had to wait till bright and early this morning to get there new one because advance closed at 7 last night and I forgot it was the day before Monday so everything closes early. I got there and it was all dark last night and I was like, whaaaaaas

20191223_105424.jpg

Bummer Mitch on GTX paint situation. Obviously I have had the same experience out here. I finally got frustrated enough to show up with pocket of cash and told him I wanted to square up regardless of where car was in the process. He assured me he could get it done ASAP. Of course it is not. I have been traveling and frankly had bigger fish to fry. He has now promised it by first of year. I for one will never use a painter again as long as I live. I did make that exact same promise to myself about three cars ago when I went thru this exact same thing. I subsequently painted the last several myself which was my catalyst for wanting someone with actual painting skill to do the Demon. I will show up with big truck and trailer here in a week or so and drag it home done or not. I give. I am right at nine months in paint prison. Rant over

Just went through that with my boy's Ferd Escape yesterday. Had to replace leaky trans cooler/AC condenser. Both metric and SAE stuff on it..
The a/c worked perfect on this one, it's the bearing on the compressor that went. About 2 weeks ago I could it hear starting to go, it had a pretty good howl even with the a/c off.

Just went through that with my boy's Ferd Escape yesterday. Had to replace leaky trans cooler/AC condenser. Both metric and SAE stuff on it..
That's surprising, I would think an escape is too new for any SAE fasteners.

I would have had only metric out if I would have started that job

8mm is 5/16”
13mm 1/2”
16mm 5/8”
19mm 3/4”
As stuff gets bigger sae and metric are pretty close enough.
I highly doubt there are sae fasteners on an escape. Except the little screws that hold on the plastic parts,some could be 3/8”.

Looks like I'm gonna go get my GTS, first week of Jan. What a PIA...Very disappointed in George!!! Already trying to find a new painter. So far, 2 no's..."No more projects, I only do Ins work now" WTF....This will be a *****, finding someone to finish this deal.....:wtf::wtf::wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Mitch, Give me a call or message if you want to bring it north.
It look like Joe is still in N. Plainfield.
And the guy I've used more recently is really good with metalwork.
For paint alone, I'd go with Joe even though its maybe a little further. It's going to be 5 hour tow either way.
He can put the glass in, and bet he'd be OK if you wanted to do some mechanical stuff.

Closer to you, I can put you in touch with CP Dave. You can find out who repainted the Zebra Dart for him - and you can look at it to see what the workmanship is like.
The finish for a race car doesnt need to be super show quality so best you see for yourself.

Bummer Mitch on GTX paint situation. Obviously I have had the same experience out here. I finally got frustrated enough to show up with pocket of cash and told him I wanted to square up regardless of where car was in the process. He assured me he could get it done ASAP. Of course it is not. I have been traveling and frankly had bigger fish to fry. He has now promised it by first of year. I for one will never use a painter again as long as I live. I did make that exact same promise to myself about three cars ago when I went thru this exact same thing. I subsequently painted the last several myself which was my catalyst for wanting someone with actual painting skill to do the Demon. I will show up with big truck and trailer here in a week or so and drag it home done or not. I give. I am right at nine months in paint prison. Rant over
It looked like the spray work was all done. No?
Was is color/wet sanded?

It looked like the spray work was all done. No?
Was is color/wet sanded?
I don’t know the answer. I am past caring and have not communicated with him since last promise. I will pick it up here first of the year done or not done. I am not wasting anymore time or energy on painting aspect. I am sure there are some great reputable painters that will do what they promise but I have just not found one. Be it motorcycle or car painters. Perhaps it is a better indication of my selection skills? Hah! Perhaps I just suck at choosing a painter. I really like this guy I am using and I know for a fact he does great work. I paid cash and was flexible, everything I knew to have a successful arrangement. Just has not worked out.

Just got back it from swapping out the battery in the SRT. The battery swap was the easy part, carrying the 50 lb old battery 75 yards into the store and then carrying the new one back 75 yards to the car was the hard part.

Man I’m glad I lost 65 lbs, just that short walk with an extra 50 lbs made my back and knees ache. It makes me wonder how I could even get around every day back then with all that weight on my body 24/7.

I don’t know the answer. I am past caring and have not communicated with him since last promise. I will pick it up here first of the year done or not done. I am not wasting anymore time or energy on painting aspect. I am sure there are some great reputable painters that will do what they promise but I have just not found one. Be it motorcycle or car painters. Perhaps it is a better indication of my selection skills? Hah! Perhaps I just suck at choosing a painter. I really like this guy I am using and I know for a fact he does great work. I paid cash and was flexible, everything I knew to have a successful arrangement. Just has not worked out.
I got my buddy who paints. He's painted national show winners. I'm sure though I'm a little farther than you want to go.

Good painter here in town. But im still leaning towards painting myself. Just need to frame up a booth of sorts. Fresh air respirator is a must, just need to make a couple modifications for the air supply hose.
Fargo is getting clear coated in my tarp shed...

8mm is 5/16”
13mm 1/2”
16mm 5/8”
19mm 3/4”
As stuff gets bigger sae and metric are pretty close enough.
I highly doubt there are sae fasteners on an escape. Except the little screws that hold on the plastic parts,some could be 3/8”.
Drain plug on the transmission, 7/16... Rest were 10mm or 13mm.

10 mm, my elcheapo impact sockets both cracked with very little use,so i replaced those 2 with snappys.
And as far as sets go,15 and 18 are never in the sets,yet 3/4” and 19 are.
The impact set i got didnt have 15,16 or 18. In my world they are the top 5 most common.

A lot of going from metric to SAE depends on the specific tool. If using a wrench on a hex head and it is slightly bigger it might work. I have a lot of Allen head fasteners at work. So they are the opposite, need the size slightly smaller. To much to try to remember which one, innie or outie. HF socket or Snap on wrench. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: I try to use the right system on the right fasteners. Saves a lot of aggravation.

10 mm, my elcheapo impact sockets both cracked with very little use,so i replaced those 2 with snappys.
And as far as sets go,15 and 18 are never in the sets,yet 3/4” and 19 are.
The impact set i got didnt have 15,16 or 18. In my world they are the top 5 most common.
My Craftsman 3/8” drive set has every size from 10 mm to 18 mm....and made in USA. My 3/4” Craftsman impact set is the same. It just in the basement in another box so I can’t dig it out right now to take a pic.

F665E2E7-9DC0-447E-BC06-D0B643280CE6.jpeg

CBDF7EB3-897C-4131-9E4C-704C7FB19AF6.jpeg

00B877CD-BA72-473C-BD3A-3E8B5E8490EE.jpeg

-
Back