Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'd take quite a while to get to Viet Nam on her........
About 6 days...

B12CCCF5-CD31-4DBD-A4BD-4160BA44E6EC.jpeg

And they keep coming...

High charging solved - it was a burnt up stator.
Um. Yup. You go right on believing that if you want.
Another bought harness and the connector has different number of wires and colors.
No photos.
Hasn't looked at any of the diagrams...
But we're supposed to figure it out for him.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Last edited:
They really were amazing. But not cheap to fly on.

The standard of luxury on Pan American Clipper flying boats has rarely been matched on heavier-than-air transport since then. They were a luxury form of travel for the super-rich, with standard tickets priced at $675 (equivalent to $12,000 in 2019). The deluxe compartment tickets were around $950 (a 40% premium).
Yup. That wasn't the average family on vacation going to the S. Pacific or China.
Heck a trip out to the county Park or trolley to the amusement parks could be a big deal for many.

Still cool as can be. And now, the idea of stopping at all of those places on the way over would make it doubly cool. I'd love to check out the Philipines, Wake, Guam etc.

So looks like I’m going have to radius cut the firewall and build a new one around the trans. It currently clears, but there’s no way to remove the transmission from the engine should it need to be serviced at some point. There’s only 1/2 of clearance between the back of the bell and the firewall.

Another bought harness and the connector has different number of wires and colors.
No photos.
Hasn't looked at any of the diagrams...
But we're supposed to figure it out for him.
View attachment 1715526261
Guy on old truck forum, couldnt diagnose a non functioning horn.2 feet away from battery. Same guy, 2 different forums exact same questions. like 20 questions. Makes me cwazy!!

So looks like I’m going have to radius cut the firewall and build a new one around the trans. It currently clears, but there’s no way to remove the transmission from the engine should it need to be serviced at some point. There’s only 1/2 of clearance between the back of the bell and the firewall.
John( sublimeone)
Did something similar. He posted photos a few days ago, probably in his build thread.

They really were amazing. But not cheap to fly on.

The standard of luxury on Pan American Clipper flying boats has rarely been matched on heavier-than-air transport since then. They were a luxury form of travel for the super-rich, with standard tickets priced at $675 (equivalent to $12,000 in 2019). The deluxe compartment tickets were around $950 (a 40% premium).
Just for some comparison.
A couple months ago I found the 1940 census for the block my dad's family lived on.
It looks like rent for one part of a two family house on that block was in the range of 350 to 450 a year.
This was not a particular poor area, although not upper middle class either.

Just for some comparison.
A couple months ago I found the 1940 census for the block my dad's family lived on.
It looks like rent for one part of a two family house on that block was in the range of 350 to 450 a year.
This was not a particular poor area, although not upper middle class either.
Back when we had the old Victorian house, we found that in its history that it was a rooming house in the late 30s/early 40s. We discovered an old envelope tucked in the back panel of a wall cabinet we were removing that was hand written on the front in pencil “March rent”. Inside was a crisp 1936 $10 bill.

We still have it.

No idea why it was still there, can only imagine something happened to the person who put it there and it was never discovered after they were gone.

Fried shrimp, fried haddock, and Rice a Roni for dinner tonight. Ain't had some skrimps in a while.....
IMG_20200511_184200.jpg
IMG_20200511_185032.jpg

And iced tea in every photo!

Do you make your own or buy it already made?
I have a MrCoffee Iced tea maker. Been using them for years. Probably drink bout 8 pitchers a week. I make two at a time and refrigerate. Lemon and sugar added. I know, some people say not healthy, But I think all the anti oxidants in the tea keep me healthy...:lol:

Back when we had the old Victorian house, we found that in its history that it was a rooming house in the late 30s/early 40s. We discovered an old envelope tucked in the back panel of a wall cabinet we were removing that was hand written on the front in pencil “March rent”. Inside was a crisp 1936 $10 bill.

We still have it.

No idea why it was still there, can only imagine something happened to the person who put it there and it was never discovered after they were gone.
"where did that rent money go!"

I have a MrCoffee Iced tea maker. Been using them for years. Probably drink bout 8 pitchers a week. I make two at a time and refrigerate. Lemon and sugar added. I know, some people say not healthy, But I think all the anti oxidants in the tea keep me healthy...:lol:
I wouldn’t call it unhealthy, just unusual to see someone drink it that often this far North.

Back in Memphis “Sweet Tea” was served at every meal.

I wouldn’t call it unhealthy, just unusual to see someone drink it that often this far North.

Back in Memphis “Sweet Tea” was served at every meal.
My Mama always made tea, been drinking it pretty much all my life. It's either tea or Beer, and lately I've been drinking a lot less Beer. Still the tea is better than canned Soda....

"where did that rent money go!"
Not far, that cabinet hung there for another 50 years until we took it down as part of the renovation. I figured the person either died or was jailed and never came back. I suspect they used that spot as a money keep for as long as they lived there. It was intentional pryed out on the side closest to the window so that it was hard to see. We could see wear on the inside behind the back panel that suggested this was an often used stash place, not just a one-off hiding spot.

A new Autozone looking to build just south of here. That could be handy. Nad they are building on 2 commercial lots that have been empty since the city was platted. Win win.

-
Back