Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Since I had the grill fired up, did some chicken, pork and brats. Should have eats for a few days.
20200511_183105.jpg

Sa-weeet!
Yep, they like their tea really sweet!

Here is a typical recipe...

Ingredients
  • 3 family size tea bags
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 gallon water
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Yeah, that’s a lot of sugar! 9 tsps in each 12 oz glass.

This is kind of interesting. Since I have been doing my weight loss program, my wife and daughter have quietly followed what I was doing. In the past 31 months, my daughter has lost 26 lbs, my wife has lost 23 lbs and I have lost 76 lbs.

Between the 3 of us we have shed 125 lbs!

That’s like losing a whole person!

This is kind of interesting. Since I have been doing my weight loss program, my wife and daughter have quietly followed what I was doing. In the past 31 months, my daughter has lost 26 lbs, my wife has lost 23 lbs and I have lost 76 lbs.

Between the 3 of us we have shed 125 lbs!

That’s like losing a whole person!
Amazing!
Is their hair growing back too?:lol:

Jeez, the winds are rattling the house tonight. They predicted 10 mph with gusts to 30 mph but we are getting 20 mph sustained with gusts to 43 mph.

At least it’s not too terribly cold...holding at 51* right now.

I keep getting startled by the garage door suddenly slamming out here in the shop.

At least it is staying comfortable in here at 70* with the oil filled space heater running on low (600w setting)

Last edited:
Was 8c and lots of wind today. one car fit under hoist to do repairs, second job was a full size 1/2 ton, had to do it outside.
2 idlers and a belt.

Jeez, the winds are rattling the house tonight. They predicted 10 mph with gusts to 30 mph but we are getting 20 mph sustained with gusts to 43 mph.

At least it’s not too terribly cold...holding at 51* right now.

I keep getting startled by the garage door suddenly slamming out here in the shop.

At least it is staying comfortable in here at 70* with the oil filled space heater running on low (600w setting)
Its crazy that we're having to run some heat this time of year. Even though I keep things a bit cooler than that, I kicked the furnace on last night to get ahead of the drop in temps.

Ring and pinion is in. not sure about pinion depth though. Not happy with the gear marking compound. Backlash is good.
have to recheck preload, the install guide says 180 foot lbs, i thought it was less than 1/2 that, 70 cones to mind. Will drag out my dodge truck manual in the morning.
May have it done tomorrow.

Its crazy that we're having to run some heat this time of year. Even though I keep things a bit cooler than that, I kicked the furnace on last night to get ahead of the drop in temps.
I try to maintain the thermal mass of the house at a constant temperature year round. It is the most efficient way to heat/cool the house and saves me $$ overall. I don’t care if I need to run the heat in May or the AC in March. Keeping the thermal mass constant is the goal.

The mass of the surfaces, structure and objects in the house far exceeds the air mass. Keeping them at a constant temperature is where the focus is...the air temp will follow.

I’m so excited having that mock up drivetrain in the dart finally, so excited that I can’t sleep.

Anyone in the coffee club have or know of a set of 15x3.5 sbp rims they would part with? I know there is a pair or two on ebay but thought to try here first.

Anyone in the coffee club have or know of a set of 15x3.5 sbp rims they would part with? I know there is a pair or two on ebay but thought to try here first.
Them some real skinny suckers

Yeah, what the drag racy look. Some MT front runners on them. That narrow they tuck in nice and the taller tires look very nice

Good morning Ray, it's been a crazy couple weeks here on the hill.
But I hope it's all behind me now.

FB_IMG_1588599426465.jpg

I had to lay a friend to rest and help the family, he passed away in his sleep at 52 years young, meds and alcohol and depression took him out with a hart attack.
Women was his biggest problem, they took advantage of his caring hart but did not return the care he was looking for.
A musician and darn good draftsman

That sucks. The wife is in the hospital right now, she is ok though just observation at this point.

That would make a great t shirt! Been crazy here also.
yep, I agree and hope to have one made.

That sucks. The wife is in the hospital right now, she is ok though just observation at this point.
wow, I hope she is doing well and finds out why she just passed out , my sister in law done that a couple of times and she couldn't drive for a few months.
Prayers to yall bub

-
Back