Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I remember a couple of years ago here in PA we got about 8 inches of snow. I could feel the pressure of it all as I slept through the night not realizing what it was exactly. But when I woke up I realized I had 8" of snow on me so I brushed it off of my sleeping bag and got dressed. It was hard getting a fire going because of the snow but the night before I had put a dry pine knot in a plastic bag and before long the fire was blazing. I had hot oatmeal and coffee that morning and then continued on my way. We were walking the Mid State trail in January. My buddy still talks about it and has never gone back packing again. Me....I don't go much any more but I do miss it. Winter camping means no snakes or bugs!

I remember a couple of years ago here in PA we got about 8 inches of snow. I could feel the pressure of it all as I slept through the night not realizing what it was exactly. But when I woke up I realized I had 8" of snow on me so I brushed it off of my sleeping bag and got dressed. It was hard getting a fire going because of the snow but the night before I had put a dry pine knot in a plastic bag and before long the fire was blazing. I had hot oatmeal and coffee that morning and then continued on my way. We were walking the Mid State trail in January. My buddy still talks about it and has never gone back packing again. Me....I don't go much any more but I do miss it. Winter camping means no snakes or bugs!
nice - cool story. - - - anytime I have ever slept outside it's been out of necessity not want...

I had a camp fire going the other night and after everyone left I fell asleep on the swing. It was going well until I fell out. So I went to bed. I sleep in my yard or my tree house that I use for hunting a lot.

I had a camp fire going *hickup* the other night and after everyone left I *hickup* passed out on the swing. It was going well until I fell out. *hickup* So I wandered my way to bed. I pass-out in my yard or my tree house that I use for hunting a lot. *hickup*
fixed it :D

I had a camp fire going the other night and after everyone left I fell asleep on the swing. It was going well until I fell out. So I went to bed. I sleep in my yard or my tree house that I use for hunting a lot.
it's not the fall - it's that hard landing that gets ya... :lol::lol:

When its that cold, there isnt much a person can do about it.

I remember delivering firewood to a disabled friend,it was minus 50.
Myself and another buddy kept him well stocked in firewood.
A guy trued to buy the load we were giving away, thought we were stupid. “We have a load of firewood, who’s the stupid one here right now?”
Life isnt about the money....i would rather be remembered for my good deeds.

Come next weekend and you will see me with Iced tea more than beer. Someone has to be sober for this Frat (Fabo Rejects At Tim's) party.

I used to go camping,but i came to my senses. Im not homeless, i will sleep indoors, thanks.

A few years ago, old job. Parks put on a “mandatory” canoe course. Said i had to go. I refused. Told me i would get written up and reprimanded. “Go ahead,there will be a shitstorm”
Why? my supervisor asked.
There gonna be motors on them canoes? He said no.
“Why would you need a mechanic to go on this trip then?”
Case closed.

Some days i can be such a prick. Only when im right. Guess that makes me a riteous prick,no?

There’s sleeping on the ground and unconcious on the ground. Neither if i can have my way.

Come next weekend and you will see me with Iced tea more than beer. Someone has to be sober for this Frat (Fabo Rejects At Tim's) party.
FRAT party? No hazing please. I don't want to hear about yous guys on the 5:00 news! LOL :lol::lol:

I used to go camping,but i came to my senses. Im not homeless, i will sleep indoors, thanks.

A few years ago, old job. Parks put on a “mandatory” canoe course. Said i had to go. I refused. Told me i would get written up and reprimanded. “Go ahead,there will be a shitstorm”
Why? my supervisor asked.
There gonna be motors on them canoes? He said no.
“Why would you need a mechanic to go on this trip then?”
Case closed.

Some days i can be such a prick. Only when im right. Guess that makes me a riteous prick,no?

There’s sleeping on the ground and unconcious on the ground. Neither if i can have my way.
I have a camper lol

-
Back