Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So you say you don't want column shift and push buttons are a pain.
Let's go this route.
1968_sedrowoolley-wa-7.jpg

:rolleyes: :lol:

They just let me know they found the blockage and putting the stint in now, hope and pray its just the one, thank all of you for being here for me..

My two sons are here by my side, I think they came to get a free breakfast :lol:
Not !:poke:

Anyone ever looked through or used this manual?

Grabbed the Motor's Auto Trans book as well

View attachment 1715964620

View attachment 1715964622
If nobodys count, then not me.
I used the '67 & '68 FSMs and Munroe's book for the '78. Hand's book wasn't out yet. There's also an SAE book out there.
Chris I would figure it out before you open that rebuild can of worms.
Amen!
Thats the one thing we dont have on this thread is a trans guy!
That could be a good thing.
But Chris is a pushbutton expert!

Last edited:
Like I said yesterday, I bought 6 different 727/904 books, not a one did more than briefly mention the pushbutton. Only 66 and up transmissions are addressed in most.
I brought my binder, I’ll scan the stuff during lunch today and email you.

Chris. Look at the color diagrams in the FSM. See what circuit and pressure conditions are needed for reverse.
I recall going into reverse from dead cold in fast idle is very high pressure. Enough shock to break things. Cold weather tips were to put in N briefly (to get the fluid spread around) before reverse.
Point is it seems like something changed with the cooler change. Definately worth the effort to figure out the required circuits and what could go wrong. Then maybe you can come up with some simple tests or investigations.

OK I'm out ta here

PS There's a whole website with PS digitized

Like I said yesterday, I bought 6 different 727/904 books, not a one did more than briefly mention the pushbutton. Only 66 and up transmissions are addressed in most.

The Motor's manuals seem to have more information than most in a single place... I think those two plus the 64 TSM are the best. I'll have the Motor's transmission book by the end of the week. It has color coded hydraulic schematics and may allow me to get a better idea on the internal differences between the 63-64 A904 and the A904-G for 65-69

Chris. Look at the color diagrams in the FSM. See what circuit and pressure conditions are needed for reverse.
I recall going into reverse from dead cold in fast idle is very high pressure. Enough shock to break things. Cold weather tips were to put in N briefly (to get the fluid spread around) before reverse.
Point is it seems like something changed with the cooler change. Definately worth the effort to figure out the required circuits and what could go wrong. Then maybe you can come up with some simple tests or investigations.

OK I'm out ta here

PS There's a whole website with PS digitized

Yessir... My reproduction TSM doesn't have the color codes but does have the hydraulics diagrams and flows (which pumps and high/low pressure) working to get better educated on that. The Motor's Auto Trns manual has the color coded and more in-depth information that the Maintenance manual does not.

I'm feeling good about the idea of Park cable adjustment and low/reverse adjustment are what is needed. The timing of the fault coinciding with the cooler line change may be a red herring....

More exploration needed.

Be safe out there

We need to get together and create something for the forgotten pushbutton folk :thumbsup:

The Motor's manuals seem to have more information than most in a single place... I think those two plus the 64 TSM are the best. I'll have the Motor's transmission book by the end of the week. It has color coded hydraulic schematics and may allow me to get a better idea on the internal differences between the 63-64 A904 and the A904-G for 65-69

I had my doubts about 904s when I got my Swinger. When I was a youngster seemed like we were always pulling them out and replacing them with 727s when more performance was desired. I talked to these guys when they were still in SoCal
a-1-logo-new.png
about the 904s. "We can build a 904 for any amount of power you want to put in front of it." was their response.

-
Back