Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pardon me

upload_2022-8-2_13-10-34.png

PER WEEK??? Wow!!
Yep, was 50 a week late year, now 110. For a combined 12 hours a week worth of babysitting. Mind you, this business has zero overhead, the schools give them the classroom to watch the kids in at no charge, the ladies that watch the kids are part time . 25-35 kids per school, 8 schools. It’s a racket for sure

Looking good so far. Been on since around 8 am. 150 ° internal temp now. The smoker as a It will be at 165° in probably an hour. When it stalls, I will turn it up to 225° or 250° to finish it out. I will pull it at 203° IT and wrap it in foil and then in towels and into a cooler. It will still be 100° tomorrow morning for shredding.

butt for okoboji.jpg

butt for okoboji2.jpg

Looking good so far. Been on since around 8 am. 150 ° internal temp now. The smoker as a It will be at 165° in probably an hour. When it stalls, I will turn it up to 225° or 250° to finish it out. I will pull it at 203° IT and wrap it in foil and then in towels and into a cooler. It will still be 100° tomorrow morning for shredding.

View attachment 1715964720

View attachment 1715964721
Holy crap Boss you are killing me. Mouth is watering just looking at that and I am mostly a rabbit!

Hey FOG do you plant leeks in with your garlic as a companion planting? We started doing that a few years back and both crops did better. Ya might try it.

Something my dad and I tried this year for his garden and was only after I did some research was take the Ashes out of my winters wood burning and he tilled it into his rows. Now maybe it's just been a good year but his garden really did strong this year. And our rainfall has not been great by any means however since he's retired watering it has been a priority....

I hope his health enables him to do a garden next year and we will wash, rinse, and repeat...

JW

That look's pretty nice right now Tim

My reproduction TSM doesn't have the color codes
:BangHead:
I'm feeling good about the idea of Park cable adjustment and low/reverse adjustment are what is needed. The timing of the fault coinciding with the cooler line change may be a red herring...
Have you lokked throug the Master Tech index for additional info? I know they had several sessions on Torqueflights and shift/kickdown linkage after the rear pump was dropped but not sure about early models.

Only negative indicator were the shavings in the pan which was disconcerting.
As far as I could see, that was just normal wear of the clutches and friction linings.

Be safe out there
was doing well until about 3:30 when I smashed a finger when taking apart the engine hoist.
Oh well.
Anyone have any thoughts about EFI vs a 4500 Dominator .
They both will need tweaking.
For most uses Tuner and Whitener recommend getting rid of the intermediate circuit on the Dominator.
EFI is a whole other headache. It will require a new custom made electric system.
As far as I'm concerned the big advantage of EFI is that fancy If-Then conditions can be programmed in combination with controlled timing for less harmful emissions.
For some enthusiasts (racers, hot rodders, etc) they like being able to make changes by plugging in a computer and reprogramming. A good carb setup on a good engine runs itself. There's a charm in that too.

It’s because carbs are now bringing a premium in used shape considering Holley and Edelbrock both are 8-12 weeks behind on inventory
Shh Dont tell anyone, the old carbs are generally better.

Have you lokked throug the Master Tech index for additional info? I know they had several sessions on Torqueflights and shift/kickdown linkage after the rear pump was dropped but not sure about early models.

I found one video on the 64 TF. Good general information on procedure. Big takeaway was "do everything you can to avoid going into the transmission" :thumbsup:

Going to adjust park cable according to TSM and ATSG recommendations. I have an idea on how to build a jig that will allow me to do that solo. If I works I'll share... if I fails I'll act like it never happened :rolleyes:

If Cable adjust fails I'll go back in and drop the pan. To adjust the low/park band. While it's open I'm just going to pull the valve body as well.

There are some on-car valve body air tests of passageways that I'll roll through before removing then get a visual on the bands and rooster comb.

Can't think of anything else to review at that point short of dropping it out of the car.

Thoughts?

doing well until about 3:30 when I smashed a finger when taking apart the engine hoist.

Well that sucks

As long as it continues to be hosted, here's a fairly complete list.
Master Technician Service Conference - Chrysler's Training for Mechanics

when a link fails, I find its usually because they loaded the page as Jpeg and then linked as jpeg or visa versa.

Sometimes its easier to note the MTSC year and session number, then go to mymopar and get the filmstrip or booklet there.

As long as it continues to be hosted, here's a fairly complete list.
Master Technician Service Conference - Chrysler's Training for Mechanics

when a link fails, I find its usually because they loaded the page as Jpeg and then linked as jpeg or visa versa.

Sometimes its easier to note the MTSC year and session number, then go to mymopar and get the filmstrip or booklet there.

Yeah... this is the one I watched

198 - "Torqueflite Hydraulics" (May 1964)
Volume 64 #05

Hey FOG do you plant leeks in with your garlic as a companion planting? We started doing that a few years back and both crops did better. Ya might try it.
Yea I would like to try that, but have no room . lol I have beef steak , yellow and cherry tomatoes . Have to keep a 7 foot fence around the garden ! Deer .

It is a maritime museum. One is a replica used in master and comandar. The movie....
That's pretty cool. I didn't know there was one by you. Only one I've visited in Calif is the one in San Franscisco. Would love to be on a square rigged ship, or even a schooner under sail.

Yeah... this is the one I watched

198 - "Torqueflite Hydraulics" (May 1964)
Volume 64 #05
Get the booklet too.
Without a lift, pressure tests are dicey IMO.
Still think you should try to figure out what is engaging and what is not.
Then figure out Is it lack of pressure overall that could cause that? or just one circuit or part?

Get the booklet too.
Without a lift, pressure tests are dicey IMO.
Still think you should try to figure out what is engaging and what is not.
Then figure out Is it lack of pressure overall that could cause that? or just one circuit or part?

I think getting up onto 4 Jack stands will give me my poor man's lift...

This was a really interesting nugget out of the booklet (I printed it) @dukeboy_318

I've not seen this in any other manual or service bulletin

20220802_184043.jpg

20220802_184127.jpg

Last edited:
Something my dad and I tried this year for his garden and was only after I did some research was take the Ashes out of my winters wood burning and he tilled it into his rows. Now maybe it's just been a good year but his garden really did strong this year. And our rainfall has not been great by any means however since he's retired watering it has been a priority....

I hope his health enables him to do a garden next year and we will wash, rinse, and repeat...

JW
I’ve been putting the wood stove ashes on my garden for years. Have no idea if it helps, but it sure doesn’t seem to hurt… and that’s the closest place to dump them! :thumbsup: :lol:

Love that movie. Watched it again just a few days ago. Uniform and clothing are extremely accurate for the period
Thanks for the tip. I just looked and have it free on HBO. Gonna watch it tonight. Think I may have seen it once before, but that dont matter...

-
Back