Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
LOL. I cleaned up yesterday morning, so all clear for now. We have a few inches of fresh powder and still snowing. This morning I took the pooper out the front. I stand on the porch with her on a long leash. :thumbsup:

Good Morning
I put a cable out to a tree, pulley with a retractable leash. And a cup hook between doors. Open one door, grab leash and let her go

Been a nice day. 78 degrees all day, still steaming towards st maartens. But windy and rough all day. Lots of walking, about 800’ from stateroom to the buffet area, more if we go to the fancy dining room. Im forced to walk long distances if i want to eat. So be it. Hurting though. But lots of time for naps. Tomorrow up early and off the ship for an island bus tour

Off brand but ford had a ranger diesel in the early days too.
The caravan with the 3.0 v6 mitsu was a decent engine.

Been a nice day. 78 degrees all day, still steaming towards st maartens. But windy and rough all day. Lots of walking, about 800’ from stateroom to the buffet area, more if we go to the fancy dining room. Im forced to walk long distances if i want to eat. So be it. Hurting though. But lots of time for naps. Tomorrow up early and off the ship for an island bus tour
Hard enough walking with no pain in rough seas.

Happened a lot until Cummins, Detroit and International made the things smaller to fit in trucks.

Heck, a lot of people don’t realize that Mitsubishi made most of Chryslers front wheel drive engines in the late 80s and into the late 90s

I had a Chevy V6 in my Isuzu.... what a POS that motor was.

Carb has a 6.5 power valve. Engine has 17 inches at idle in drive. Needs a 8.5. Correct? Guys?

Yeah.

Stated that it was an economy option.... the gutless, late 70s

View attachment 1716193239
When I was an apprentice our coordinator of the entire program got a new car from the organized labor Local directors. One of those Economical Olds diesels. The coordinator had to cover a rather large territory as part of his job. Mexican border to Monterey County border and a good share of southern Nevada. We saw him at school one Saturday and his new Olds, "It's a gutless POS going up Cajon Pass!" 1200' elevation to 4000' elevation in about 5 miles. "It just barely goes up the grade at 50mph." "So drop it down a gear when you climb" we said. "I should have thought of that. It will pass anything on the road in second." he said next we saw him :lol:

Been there

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Screenshot_20240116_180544_Facebook.jpg

Carb has a 6.5 power valve. Engine has 17 inches at idle in drive. Needs a 8.5. Correct? Guys?
I think it is supposed to be 1/2 engine vacuum in gear, warm...I think, so like Dave mentioned, place to start.

I'll be diped in poop! Our oval track has about a dozen racing events on the calendar :eek: Between Covid and the dummass track owner doing events he wasn't permitted for it's been almost 3 years since they had a schedule that could actually occur.

Jeep died on me at McDonalds today, had to jump it. On the way home, volts dropped from 11.2 to 9.1 in 8 miles. That was at 10am. Verified with my voltmeter when I got home. 9.1.

Just walked out, threw the voltmeter on the thing. Before anything else, voltmeter shows 12.7…. Same with the plug meter. Start the thing, fires right up. instantly dropped to 11.07 and with lights and blower on, continued dropping a tenth of a volt every 3-5 seconds. Shut the thing off, try to restart instantly, dead. Get out, put voltmeter on, 10.1 Walk around the Jeeps, get my tools to change the battery to the brand new truck one, hit it with the voltmeter again, battery back up to 11.77. Without it running, how the hell does it charge with it off?

Yeah that I figured. I’ve just not seen a battery regain a charge like that

Completely uneducated guess...a lead acid battery generates energy through a chemical reaction. A healthy battery (with good acid) would, I guess, increase the available energy (voltage) once the inefficient load is removed???

I use cruise vacuum to choose a power valve. Whatever the max cruise vacuum is, I choose a valve 2hg or so lower. For example, on Vixen, she had a cruise vacuum of 14hg. So I went with a 10hg. It works better IMO from how Holley says to do it.

Jeep died on me at McDonalds today, had to jump it. On the way home, volts dropped from 11.2 to 9.1 in 8 miles. That was at 10am. Verified with my voltmeter when I got home. 9.1.

Just walked out, threw the voltmeter on the thing. Before anything else, voltmeter shows 12.7…. Same with the plug meter. Start the thing, fires right up. instantly dropped to 11.07 and with lights and blower on, continued dropping a tenth of a volt every 3-5 seconds. Shut the thing off, try to restart instantly, dead. Get out, put voltmeter on, 10.1 Walk around the Jeeps, get my tools to change the battery to the brand new truck one, hit it with the voltmeter again, battery back up to 11.77. Without it running, how the hell does it charge with it off?
It doesn't. The battery is still good, so it's recovering from having a load on it but not being charged. Sooner or later it'll die on you don't get the charging system fixed.

Last edited:
-
Back