strange things are afoot at the circle K!

-

player1up

Reaction score
So it actually happened tonight... this evening as I stopped to buy a soda at the local convenience store.. I'm walking to the door and there are a couple of guys eying the blue beast when I'm stopped dead in my tracks buy..............

"hey what year is your nova?" ... :angry7: ... now I was expecting the usual "hey nice car".. but with the nova comment.... I about fell down laughing.. and really didn't know what to say.. :toothy10:

So how many other duster owners has this happened to?

Hope you get a chuckle out of it .. I sure did

So it actually happened tonight... this evening as I stopped to buy a soda at the local convenience store.. I'm walking to the door and there are a couple of guys eying the blue beast when I'm stopped dead in my tracks buy..............

"hey what year is your nova?" ... :angry7: ... now I was expecting the usual "hey nice car".. but with the nova comment.... I about fell down laughing.. and really didn't know what to say.. :toothy10:

So how many other duster owners has this happened to?

Hope you get a chuckle out of it .. I sure did

Don't feel bad, twice last year at car shows even, people thought my Demon was a Nova. If they are that stupid (says Demon right on the side) why bother correcting them, it's a waste of time.:angry7:

Terry

I've had lots of idiots call my Duster a Nova. I also had them call my old (74) charger a camaro. And worst of all, the young guys working down at the car parts store asked what kind of car my friends 69 GTX was when we rolled up in it the other day. I just tell them its a friggin helicopter.

Well people here say stuff like ...oh it is a Ford right? others call it a Buick but when I answer them I say: 'No, it is a Plymouth' and for some reason they shut up and there is a strange silence for a few moments and then usually we get in to the same conversation that I must have had like 50000000000000000000 times... oh it is an American car... it is strong but can't handle corners and bends blablablablabla.... and then they take a look at the anti sway bars and again they shut-up.. boy their ignorance can be annoying!

This happens to me all the time here in SoCal. I nicely let them know that its a plymouth and that NoVa in spanish means " No go" kinda worries me to have a car with that name.... silly bowties

I always get hey what year is that road runner ,about my 69 dart.

But it's way better than be NOVA'ed:toothy10:

people even think my 68 valiant 4 door is a nova...even with the plymouth across the trunk finish panel

I have been asked what year my Malibu was!
It has the big 340 decal on the hood and was asked if it had a 350 in it!
hammer.gif

Not yet, but I can see it's coming now........

When i get this type of comment on my Cuda, a '73, I have to stop and take a moment on the persons age. Answer will vary. I expect kids to be stupid on the matter. It is OK really, there born 20 or 30 years after the fact and there not exactly into cars.

Answer; History lesson. Yep, even if there running awway from me.

Young adult and up. I ask, "What school did you go to?" ....followed by "Really, thanks, I was intendeding on moving from where I am and you just helped."...How? " Simple, I need a good school district for my kids where I know they will learn and yours is the first on the list of where NOT to go!"

Ending with; "What do you mean why, not where you grew up...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit the make and model of the car are on the car in plain print. Seeing how your so dim as not to look on what every other car in the world has also your district can't be to good OR it is a matter of fact that you can't read, so ethier way, thank you for helping expose the poor schooling of your district.

(Yes, this will start the ball rolling in a manor I don't mind finishing.)

Seriously, you know what bothers me?

Meet stranger, stranger says; HI, my brother had one with a HEMI too, just like that one (S/B in car) and boy was it fast.

Or

I had a HEMI in my VEGA years back with a TH400 gm tranny behind it on the stock rear. I went 8's back then in the 1/4 and got 22 mpg's out of it.

(Me say) Oh really?!? You mean the low production quasi-moto-trick HEMI with over head headers and roller tunnel lifters on the inverted bank cam? That had a great (Add what ever you can make up here) ________ didn't it?!?!

Allways followed by "Yep, thats the one!"

Wow is that a Nova!!:sign3: No boys THAT is a Mopar8)

I never had my Dart Sport called a Nova ( I am not sure if it would bother me as much as being called a Camaro, since I had pretty nice 1970 350/4 speed Nova at one time).

The announcer at my local track calls my car the Yellow DUSTER, even though I always write dodge Dart on the tech card. I suppose I deserve that since I have not installed the emblems on the fenders. This sort of upsets my wife and son, but I can't hear them through my helmet so I just sort of chuckle about it.

Being called a DUSTER is not all that bad.

Bob

They do that on purpose just to annoy you and yours that are there. Being pro. dicks are there thing, because you know there not that stupid in real life because they read the job application well enuff.

heard that nova thing a few times also its alitle anoying, but not as anoying as everyone telling me "that big old american car cant handle bends and wont stop properly cause the brakes are so bad on them (usuly stops when i point ut the stock swaybar being bigger than anything you will find on a golf gti anyway and that the brakerotors are so big the callipers almost hit the 14"wheels" and "yeah thats a big engine lots of torque but no horsepower and no rpm, its just fast from standing still then it wont accelerate (usuly shuts up when i tell that that big v8 will turn 7500rpms anyday and anytime i want it to and that it will get me past 60mph in less that 5seconds and that it accelerates almost as hard geting past 120mph as it does passing 60mph)"

I get the same NOVA question. My car only has the PLYMOUTH badge on the hood. When i biult my car i didnt want any name tags on it and the body shop forgot to weld and fill the holes on the hood. So i put the emblem back on.

Guys..I guess the rule still stands today as it did 32 years ago when I owned my first Duster. Calling a Mopar a chebby was just grounds to be bi**h slapped for being that stupid.

At a car show, one guy actually asked me if I was sure my Fish was a 68 and not a 66. He was an older fellow so I did not respond sarcastically but when he told me the Hemi was never referred to as the "elephant", I had to walk away.
The other one that gets me is when they can see the 340 -s markings on the hood or the pie plate on the breather and out comes, is that a a 340? :angry7:

How about when I say it's a 383 and a couple times "kids" ask if it's a stroker (stroked 350 chubby). To which I start in on my 383 history lesson and in so doing trash the bejesus out of the 350.

Terry

:stop:whats up with all this "kids" these days that dont know nothing crap. Were not ALL incompetent and morons, theres not a day that i would ever mistake a chevy from a mopar engine, just because theres a few morons out there....

:stop:whats up with all this "kids" these days that dont know nothing crap. Were not ALL incompetent and morons, theres not a day that i would ever mistake a chevy from a mopar engine, just because theres a few morons out there....

Hey Thanson, I wasn't calling all kids morons, as a matter of fact I sometimes take the time to correct the "mis-informed" by reverting to the Mopar History 101 talk.

terry

-
Back