Stripped Bolt Hole

-

stormin

Reaction score
I have a stripped bolt hole on an edelbrock aluminum intake where the carb is fastened. The stud goes right in to the bottom, no threads left, no bite. What are my options to fix this so the intake can be used again?

Buy a helicoil kit for it and follow the instructions,most hardware and autoparts stores have them

I have a stripped bolt hole on an edelbrock aluminum intake where the carb is fastened. The stud goes right in to the bottom, no threads left, no bite. What are my options to fix this so the intake can be used again?
Put a heally coil in it or retap for a bigger bolt.My 2 cents!

Yup, what he said, heli-coil it. The only other thing you might be able to do is have it welded up, drill, and re-tap the threads.

Thanks for the replies! I think I will explore the helicoil solution. Thanks again. Stormin

A helicoil is a strong and simple soulution. There very strong.

can't you just move to the hole next to it....or is just a 4 bolt set up....if not like these other guys said...

I figured the intake he has doesn't have provisions like your thinking it might or the carb doesn't have provisions. Like an old AFB. 4 holes, not Holley spaced.

I figured the intake he has doesn't have provisions like your thinking it might or the carb doesn't have provisions. Like an old AFB. 4 holes, not Holley spaced.

Yea I figured that after I sent it......thanks...all the ones I have seen have uni fit set up LOL..thanks rumble

Well, I finally got around to getting a helicoil kit and attacked my intake. Man that was easy. Nice n tight and now I shouldn’t have the pesky vacuum leak. Thanks for all the input from everyone.

-
Back