Super tuning car runs good shooting for great

-
Plugs don't look 'loaded up'....

OK.. looks like the secondaries are 'probably' setting on the stop screw... but there is only one way to know for sure... take it off and directly check.
And I really ought to add that the primary butterflies need to be the same way.. resting on the idle screw, not on the throats.

BTW, going back to post #240 and mentioning adjusting the fast idle screw.... something is not computing. The fast idle should have nothing to do with normal idle after things are warmed up.. like when you arrive at work. That is only for when the choke is wholly or partially engaged. Is the regular idle screw adjustment working/set? That should be setting idle after that commute drive.

Sorry forgot to mention I put the fast idle screw back to where I had it. It's been above 40 now and it hasn't died since. Drove the car for about 4 hours today. Wot was way lean and there was a slight surge at cruise speed. set the idle mixture screws all to 1 turn out.Upped the jets all the way around from 70/80 to 72/82. Idle is around 13.0. Wot is 12.5-13.0. Only issue I found is if I open the primaries all the way without opening the secondaries it goes from 14-15.8. If I give the primaries 1/2 throttle it stays around 13.0.

Sorry forgot to mention I put the fast idle screw back to where I had it. It's been above 40 now and it hasn't died since. Drove the car for about 4 hours today. Wot was way lean and there was a slight surge at cruise speed. set the idle mixture screws all to 1 turn out.Upped the jets all the way around from 70/80 to 72/82. Idle is around 13.0. Wot is 12.5-13.0. Only issue I found is if I open the primaries all the way without opening the secondaries it goes from 14-15.8. If I give the primaries 1/2 throttle it stays around 13.0.

When you go WOT with just the primaries does the vacuum go low enough for the power valve to open?

That’s a good question. Didn’t have the vacuum gauge hooked up the entire day. Good call.

Get your cruise AFR, Idle and Primary circuit right and leave it alone. If you need more fuel for WOT up front it needs to come from the PVRC.

Suppose to race a coworker this spring and I need all the help I can get. Figured I’d put the old steet hp back on.
737E83A7-DA1F-4288-A340-03F451C75A0A.jpeg

The street hp carb was short lived. Without a choke the it sucked to get running cold. Ones the idle was where it needed to be warmed up it was way to lean for cold starts.
scAUT6UW_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Engine is back out. Bringing to machine shop to fix rear main leak. Only happens under load. Tried 2 breathers,pcv, 2 different blocks, 2 sets of rings, asked tony Hahahaha

CED9D6DC-3FE9-47D4-A8EC-FBA22E4D15F1.jpeg
9156F07A-DE09-46E9-9417-8EDC757837BA.jpeg

-
Back