Tach-O-Meter locations

-

partsman1965

Reaction score
I have 74 Dart sport with column shift and looking for Tach mounting ideas. I have a large 5 inch tach im going to use! Show me your Tachs!

I have 74 Dart sport with column shift and looking for Tach mounting ideas. I have a large 5 inch tach im going to use! Show me your Tachs!
I used the screw holding the plastic cover on the pillar to mount mine.
IMG_20170126_084001.jpg

both of my darts. The 2nd picture is a 5" tach.

If you are going to race at the track you want it in front of you. If it's to the right it will not work in the right lane. To the left, it will not work in the left lane.

01313_2kCzC4tWhxf_600x450.jpg

10354954_10204960777848583_3154114383600923141_n.jpg

I have an Autometer Sport Comp that I mounted on a super strong magnet and just brought the wires up through the defroster vent. I put a 4-pin plug on it so I can remove it easily enough if I need to. The tach itself just mounts to the bracket that came with it. I don't have a good up close picture, but you can see it fairly well in the pictures attached. It works great because I can move it left, right, or center. I put a thin later of plastic-dip on the magnet so it doesn't scratch the dash if I move it. I don't move it often as the magnet is ridiculously strong and it's tough to get good leverage on it. I've picked up the front tire 10" or so on launch and it has never moved.

20160227_164350.jpg

100_1080.JPG

20160227_164350.jpg

There is someone on here that makes a bracket that slides on the dash pad, but for the life of me I can't remember who. You gotta do a search.

I have an Autometer Sport Comp that I mounted on a super strong magnet and just brought the wires up through the defroster vent. I put a 4-pin plug on it so I can remove it easily enough if I need to. The tach itself just mounts to the bracket that came with it. I don't have a good up close picture, but you can see it fairly well in the pictures attached. It works great because I can move it left, right, or center. I put a thin later of plastic-dip on the magnet so it doesn't scratch the dash if I move it. I don't move it often as the magnet is ridiculously strong and it's tough to get good leverage on it. I've picked up the front tire 10" or so on launch and it has never moved.

View attachment 1715011879

View attachment 1715011881

View attachment 1715011882
believe the launch, but not w/ those tires !! LOL-------- I put mine in the original tach hole in the dash, you can put a shift light almost anywhere out of the way .

believe the launch, but not w/ those tires !! LOL-------- I put mine in the original tach hole in the dash, you can put a shift light almost anywhere out of the way .
Nope, those are my street shoes. I run 29 x 9 slicks at the track. Although the highest I ever got the front end was while running some crazy old JC Penny's 28 x 7 cheater slicks. I had to boil the crap out of them to get them to grip but boy did they bite hard.

-
Back