Tales of two Scamps

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Two members on this site , varlo (Joe) and myself dodge71demon (Rod) , have very similiar projects underway.They are both late model Plymouth Scamps.Both are changing the front and rear of the Scamps over to something different.I thought it would be interesting to show how two different people with the same car and basic ideas of different AGES differ in the final resluts.I have asked Joe to join in on this and hopefully WE will bring you up to speed.Comments are welcome but please be nice.This is not MEANT to out do each other or brag just showing two different ideas and how they got there

Rod's Scamp

Attachments

• 3n03k93oa5Z55U45X2b74f646d775cd5f1d0f.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 682
  • 2 scamp l.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 675
I will start this thread with a little history.I have owned my Scamp for several years and had to change a quarter panel so it was off to the races.I am pushing 60 and I've been there done that.As I want to start traveling more in a classic car and decided I wanted it to look good and be a highway cruiser like car companies did in the early 70's with the Duster Twister - Rallye Nova ETC

Very nice choice. Good luck on the projects.. Mine is a 73, slant six, with air. I have had it about a year now.

This is where Joe and I are pretty much the same as I hated the front and rear of the Scamp I decided to change them using 72 Dart rear and 69 Valiant front

Attachments

• final fit.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 666
  • 69.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 675
wow rod sweet deal, I have no problem participating in this thread at all. It really is amazing how two people that have never interacted have such similar ideas with their build. Sorry ive been so busy with the police academy that its taking up all of my time. But i graduate in december so hopefully things will resume once its over with. Hopefully here and there i get things done and will update. Maybe a race to see who gets done first rod? lol JK you cant rush perfection.

cool-- so are each of you going to post progress? Great idea-- that might help each finish kinda like a workout partner, Lawrence

Nice work on both guys! I really need to get back on my Scamp, haven't touched it in months!

Yes I will be posting updates but as you know it's not worth showing little stuff that takes some time and at this time I'm pretty much waiting for winter

I'm doing the same thing too. I'm going the route of 72 dart rear with Modded tail lights and a 69 Valiant grille.

Nice job.Got hooked on the 72 Dart 4 light bumper,a few years back.

other side of the country from you and I am slowly doing the same with my 74 scamp. I hate the grandma looks of the tail and hood and grille.

other side of the country from you and I am slowly doing the same with my 74 scamp. I hate the grandma looks of the tail and hood and grille.

Wow looks like we have a club going.Maybe I'll start buying up parts and sell as a total conversion package to do the front and rear changeover

playing with wheel combos.What do yo think?

Attachments

• wheels 006.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 501
Both look good, I'd to with the dog dishes and steel wheels.

more combos ????

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 480
  • Picture 004.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 501
ordered these wheels 17X7 have to figure out tires but they will be blackwall
looking like 55 series ??????????

Attachments

• 898789_20.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 465
hey those should look good i cant wait to see how they look on the car!

Subscribed. It will be cool to follow along, however I kinda like my '75 grill and tail lights. My plans include a 383/727 swap - currently 225/904. I already installed an 8.75 with 3.55s.

-
Back