Tanks Inc question

-

LJ67barracuda340

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Tanks Inc tank, pump, and sender for EFI. Everyone talks about them but need to know if they like it after putting one in (fit). I need to return the FITECH fuel command centre because there's just no way to fit it in. I have some some things moved around and added in the engine bay and all the space is spoken for. I've got a week or so to return to FITECH so need to make the decision quick, don't want to cut my newly painted inner fenders to make room. Yes I've seen the pics of the installs but wont work here.
Thanks Larry

Larry,
I have ordered one for my 67 Barracuda, Carburetor, but have not received it yet. It looks the best of what I could see out there. But cannot answer your fit questions, yet.

Larry, we use tanks inc stuff exclusively and it works great, they fit really well and we have had zero problems.

There are two ways to do the FI tank, depending on your FI system. We only do Magnum swaps in the shop but I can explain either way to do it. I will have to check out FITECH to see if they run a return line or just dead head their system.

You can either run a single line to engine, with a regulator in back by pump, or you can run a feed up to engine and a return line all the way back. The two linw system requires regulator to be up near engine or on engine.

On a Magnum swap, you can use an earlier fuel rail with regulator mounted on fuel rail run by engine vac or use a regulator back by tank and the later no press regulator rail.

One of these will work for you but like I said, I dont know much about FITECH other than they use a jug up in engine bay supplied by mechanical or carb style electric pump. Dont know where the fuel supply is regulated but would guess a vacuum pod on throttle body as most aftermarket TB FI systems seem to use.

If you are interested in a tank, we are a legit dealer and I would make you a deal since you are a fellow mopar fan and FABO member. the shop # is 541-955-0363 9-5 pacific time if you need any more specks or have nay more questions. Evan

Yes. I installed their modified tank, in-tank pump/filter, and my own return-style fuel system in my '69 Dart last year. You can barely hear the pump running. Great product, and great tech support.

There are several great options available these days to retrofit and enhance fuel delivery for both EFI and high performance carbureted upgrades on our old cars.

On my '68, I used a new stock tank, a new 3/8" feed w/ 1/4" return sending unit for my EFI conversion. I did upsize the return to 3/8" tube using silver solder, as I am running a surge tank system with a pusher pump just outside the stock tank. This side of the fuel system was low cost, easy to plumb and works with the surge tank set-up similar to the Fitech system. Low pressure lines feed and return fuel from the tank at the back of the car to the front mounted surge tank at 0 to <1 psi. The only high pressure fuel runs between my surge tank and the fuel rails with extra fuel being bled off into the surge tank. I like that feature.

In the future to eliminate the external pusher pump, I do have a Deutschwerks in-tank pump that fits through the sending unit opening and attaches to the sending unit. I could have done it this way initially, but went with the external pump while rigging everything up as I had the parts on hand.

The system supplies air bubble free fuel all the way down to 1 or 2 gallons in the tank on the road course at Willow Springs. It was inexpensive regarding the tank etc, but the high quality surge tank with regulator cost $600 including the Deutschwerks fuel pump. Fuel lines are aluminum tubing with EFI rated rubber lines and clamps on the low pressure side with braided Earl's lines and fittings on the high pressure side.

I am considering retrofitting my other cars carbureted fuel system with a Vaporworx Corvette style pick-up/pump module, pump controller and 4 snowmobile pick-ups, with a bypass regulator until I inject that motor.

Notice the canister is a bit smaller in diameter than the Fitech unit and has a full return to the tank. Also notice the 2 micron fuel/water separator plumbed into the low pressure side. I have two of those filters on my fuel system. One located just behind and upstream of my surge tank, and one at the rear of the car just before the pusher pump.

Attachments

• eng5.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 152
  • eng2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 157
-
Back