The 1947 Dodge Build

-
Ah, the 57, 58 and 59 Skyliner retractable hardtop roof - one complicated nightmare with miles of wiring, a multitude of motors and relays!
Take it easy and don’t rush the recovery and do what the Drs say! Thanks for checking in Jerry.

Awesome work on the dash and heater! Everything looks great. Glad to see someone hot rodding one of these old Dodges. You don't see enough of these at shows anymore.

This is what I want to power the 47 along with a 42RH with a 71 B Body 8.75 rear end with a 3.55 SG. The best part is I have everything to do it

FCB9A371-FCD4-4510-B5DA-8E3B96FB1DF1.jpeg

EDIT: I’ve sold the triple weber setup so looks like it’ll be some other power plant

Last edited:
This was a mock-up i was trying several years ago. I love the looks and potential with the Webers; the headers aren’t too bad either

I will use the 42RH auto with OD behind the slant with the adapter plate I have

Hi Don.. Do you have a pic of the adapter plate? That would be interesting. Looks great. Sgrip65.

This was a mock-up i was trying several years ago. I love the looks and potential with the Webers; the headers aren’t too bad either

I will use the 42RH auto with OD behind the slant with the adapter plate I have
That sounds like a comfortable ride. No too noicy!

With my experiences with with the same transmission in the Dart, i hope it will go As Smooth in the 47

Well, the edit in my post #278 shows that I’ve sold the triple Weber setup so no exotic slant motor. In the slant’s place I’ve acquired a 79 truck 318 which is perfect for the 47’s chassis since it’s a rear sump as it sits. To give this motor some eye candy and a little omph I will be picking up a complete D66 setup including matching carbs, linkage, choke and oval air cleaners from another member. It is basically similar to this setup on a 58 318 poly. I’ve decided I will copy this look with the silver engine and gold valve covers.

image000000.jpeg

Well, the edit in my post #278 shows that I’ve sold the triple Weber setup so no exotic slant motor. In the slant’s place I’ve acquired a 79 truck 318 which is perfect for the 47’s chassis since it’s a rear sump as it sits. To give this motor some eye candy and a little omph I will be picking up a complete D66 setup including matching carbs, linkage, choke and oval air cleaners from another member. It is basically similar to this setup on a 58 318 poly. I’ve decided I will copy this look with the silver engine and gold valve covers.

View attachment 1716151590
Don! That will be great look in your engine compartment.

I have a separate thread in the Small Block engine forum titled - “How About Building Me A 318”. Lots of good suggestions and some I wouldn’t do - the good - nothing wild on the compression ratio, run shorty headers if long tubes are not feasible, etc. No 390 sttoker I wouldn’t do. After I pick up the motor, I’ll probably get a start on it even though the 65 will likely not be quite done

Picked up a 79 truck 318 the other week as well as picking up my D66 with rebuilt carbs, linkage and everything else to make it work and a spare set of air filters

image000001.jpeg

No pics but on the motor there was a 4 barrel intake and a set of chrome calve covers. Once I get started on the motor, I’ll probably list that stuff for sale

Picked up a 79 truck 318 the other week as well as picking up my D66 with rebuilt carbs, linkage and everything else to make it work and a spare set of air filters

View attachment 1716203863

No pics but on the motor there was a 4 barrel intake and a set of chrome calve covers. Once I get started on the motor, I’ll probably list that stuff for sale
Those air cleaners looks so good.

-
Back