The Building of the Blue Mistic

-
I measured about 6.5" on the drivers side. I did not measure the passengers side. That is where I want to keep it even with the shorter tires on.

I had measured 12 3/4" from mounting point to mounting point. I am trying to decide, monotube or twin tube. If I get twin tubes, I am ordering a set of QA1's with 450 Lb springs.

If I go monotubes (which I am leaning towards), I am going ridetech with the 450 lbs springs:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/art-24049901/overview/

HemiDenny
mono vs twin??? are you talking dampening?

I was just pondering JR's comments. At some point I'll be researching options.

I measured about 6.5" on the drivers side. I did not measure the passengers side. That is where I want to keep it even with the shorter tires on.

Looks like our setups will be very close since my tires are about 1.5" taller, the frame rail would be about 3/4" higher. That's within 1/4".
Lead the way! :)

I got my car over to my buddies shop, I am working for him part time at Dragon's Garage in Oneonta, NY. He specializes in fabrication of offroad vehicles, and long arm kits for JK jeeps. I will post a couple of pics of some of the jeeps that we did. I am doing the transmission tunnel, crossmember, installing the engine, finishing the suspension, and painting the car in his new paint booth.

Attachments

• dart lift.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 830
Man, Thats one piece of equipment I really wish I had...looking forward to the progress.

Here is one of the Jeeps that we have built. Dragon's Garage put the full self designed long arm lift kit. I got rolled over and I just put on a new quarter panel, tail light corner, and straightened the door. THe paint job was requested as an urban camoflague. The paint scheme grows on you the more you look at it.

Attachments

• jenn's jeep.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 762
Got the Hemi installed for the first time. Marked out the areas on the firewall that need to be filled and where the wiring harness is going to go through. She looks good in there. A little tight, but foresee no problems at this time.

Attachments

• engine in.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,137
okay question for you how much room do you have for the ac connection at the fire wall? my plan some day i to do the same thing you are but i would like it to look stock with a Gen 3 hemi. so far looks really good!

The A/C inlet/outlet is right behind the intake manifold. If you 90* bends as it exits the firewall there should be no issues. I am thinking I may be going with the vintage air mark IV under dash mounted air conditioning as I like my A/C in the summer and want it to run very efficient and cold.

VTA-672001VHY.jpg

looks good.....I expect a full report on the improvements you would like to see.

I added a bump stop 101 thread under suspensions....it's dead on!!

looks good.....I expect a full report on the improvements you would like to see.

I added a bump stop 101 thread under suspensions....it's dead on!!

Will do Denny, It fit very snug and tight in there. A little difficult to put in place, but looks perfect once in. I see what you mean about moving it to the drivers side a bit, But it works fine for me in mock up. Engine has been put in, back out, in again and back out already to clean the firewall up and get it ready for paint. Absolute great product that you built.
I will check out that bump stop.

Nice to see progress here with engine being fitted in & out. You are probably
getting to feel real comfortable and familiar with your machine. Good Stuff.

The A/C inlet/outlet is right behind the intake manifold. If you 90* bends as it exits the firewall there should be no issues. I am thinking I may be going with the vintage air mark IV under dash mounted air conditioning as I like my A/C in the summer and want it to run very efficient and cold.

VTA-672001VHY.jpg

What about using a trunk mount ac unit ?

Got the front wheels mounted today. There is no engine in the car, so the front will be a little lower. I think I need to go a little lower profile on the front to give it a better look. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• wheel 1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 664
  • wheel2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 663
  • wheel 3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 658
I agree it could go lower but the engine will take care of that...the adjust the HDK for the right look. Looking good regardless

how far out from the frame is your hub? the measurement I shoot for is appox 12-1/8"

Thanks Ross. I agree, I think that I will wait to get the engine in and the HDK adjusted before I change anything.
They are 25.8" tall (225/50/17) tires because I wanted to get the tallest tires I could in there and they are also the same side wall height as the 27" tall rear tires.

-
Back