The Building of the Blue Mistic

-
I think if it drops an inch or so it'll be just about right.

Got the front wheels mounted today. There is no engine in the car, so the front will be a little lower. I think I need to go a little lower profile on the front to give it a better look. What do you guys think?

Looking great! The ride height looks nice now, but as you said it will change with engine wright, the when you start driving it, it will come down dome more. Hey, nice garage.

Bill

I'm really starting to warm up to bigger wheels now. Plus I've always thought that the Torque Thrust style wheel fits these 60's-70's Mopar A bodies. The other wheel is the a Mopar Police wheel is the early 80's Road Wheel in a 17".

Bill

Not many updates, just prepping the engine bay for paint. I starting building the bracing for the new trans tunnel. I squared it off a little more than stock as I am planning to build a console off from it also. I am doing the bracing and then shaping the sheet metal around the bracing to make the floor:

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 690
  • floor2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 710
I'm really starting to warm up to bigger wheels now. Plus I've always thought that the Torque Thrust style wheel fits these 60's-70's Mopar A bodies. The other wheel is the a Mopar Police wheel is the early 80's Road Wheel in a 17".

Bill

I hear ya Bill, 3-4 years ago, I thought they were ugly also. I only like big ol' meats in the back with skinny's up front. But once I seen a few cars done right, I really changed my mind. Now I am building one.

Thanks guys. The car is off to the sand blasters today to have the engine compartment glass bead blasted and epoxy primered this weekend.

Here is the engine bay all glassbeaded and epoxy primed:

Attachments

• IMG953056.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 627
Pretty much sits as seen right now. The weather is still freezing up here. As soon it thaws. Paint goes on the engine bay and the Hemi will be dropped in to stay.

awesome build. i look forward to seeing the progress. thanks for sharing

Well, I finally was able to work on my car again. I got the high build epoxy primer in the engine bay block sanded, primed again, sanded again, and primed again. I got a set of Dura-blocks, which really helped me out.
I also got started on rebuilding the trans tunnel. I will take some pics of that whn I get a chance.
I also pulled the HemiDenny K-frame and all the suspension out to send out for powder coating.

I haven't forgot....needed more material.

I will be by the fabricator tomorrow and get an ETA. He is just finishing up a batch of his Hawk sprint car chassis.

coming to Carlisle?

Thanks for the update. I plan to come to Carlisle again this year. It is sneaking up fast, so it may not work out. I may have to do a day trip.

I would like to. It is hard with 2 young kids attached to you like glue. Maybe Denny won't blow me off this time. LOL

Love the engine bay. Makes me a little green.
Always give the kids priority.
Arlie

-
Back