The Capt has Arrived!!

-

CaptRon

Reaction score
:finga:
New to this forum.
I've got a 2 door 66 Dart, 4 door 66 Dart, 4 door 56 Plymouth Savoy and a 56 Dodge Town Panel. Current Project is to finish the 273 and stab it back into the 4 door Dart!
I've got some Headman Headers off of a 68 Dart that I'm hoping to fit up to the 66.
Anyone know if it will fit or can point me to a thread on this would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

Correct! I think his is a natural lime green. Not a 100% sure about that, but, I've been known to be wrong ..... LMAO!

Hello Capn'

You know we love pics here so post up a few of that fleet ya got there!!!!

Here is the Panel.
20140331_1945180.jpg

Very nice...Id make the savory a 2 door,but thats me..IM a welder,,god help me

:finga:
New to this forum.
I've got a 2 door 66 Dart, 4 door 66 Dart, 4 door 56 Plymouth Savoy and a 56 Dodge Town Panel. Current Project is to finish the 273 and stab it back into the 4 door Dart!
I've got some Headman Headers off of a 68 Dart that I'm hoping to fit up to the 66.
Anyone know if it will fit or can point me to a thread on this would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

Don't think those '68 headers will fit a '66. The '66-down engine compartment is narrower than '67-up. I believe you're stuck with manifolds, or a set of age-appropriate (Spitfire) headers for your 273.

Welcome -- A 56 Savoy was my 1st Mopar. - She's now my wife.

Attachments

• File47.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 133
welcome to the fray sir - actually, nothing but pic whores here and yahoos throwing $hit against the wall seeing if it'll stick.. - yea yea, that's it.. and then this one time... at band camp...

Welcome Cap'n, loved the work you did in your movie!!! ;-) I just read a post about putting later headers into an early A body, so look for that thread! It can be done, but cutting a tabbing is involved! If I can find the link I'll post it here!!

Welcome Cap'n, loved the work you did in your movie!!! ;-) I just read a post about putting later headers into an early A body, so look for that thread! It can be done, but cutting a tabbing is involved! If I can find the link I'll post it here!!

I thought about trying to make some shorty headers for it like the ones that come on the late model SRT Challengers. 30 yrs ago I was one heck of a welder. I'm a little rusty these days but getting better.

Welcome to FABO, looks like you have enough to keep you busy for awhile......

Welcome from Colorado! You can never have enough projects lined up, LOL...

Dave,

Hey guys, I found 3 bent pushrods when I was adjusting my valves after reinstalling the rockers. I'm pretty sure these rods were straight before I put them in place. I put them on my press and straightened them out. Well, mostly straight anyway. I went ahead and set the cold lash .012 and .019. Rotating the assembly didn't rebend them so I'm not sure how they got bent but probably want to replace them. Anyone have a link to a vendor that would have solid lifter pushrods for a stock 1966 273?

-
Back