The Mystery Hole!

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why someone would cut a hole in a trunk floor like this and for what purpose it would even serve?
IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Thanks so much FABO! I have been wracking my brain on this!

is it actually cut or tore ? Also is that spot rusty? My thinking is a tire tread let go or something got under the car as it was rolling and punched a hole up through the thin sheet metal.

Its purpose is to make you ask a question like this??:scratch::dontknow:

Almost looks like maybe the rear spring hanger got 'loose' and popped through a rusty floor board! Ben.

how about a trailer hitch.....then rusted out .....bonehead

A rust through in the trunk? Let me count the ways......
Roof rust-through allowing water to migrate into that area.
Bad trunk lid seal " " " " " " "
Snow/Sand/Salt attacking it from the bottom
External damage " " " " "
Someone stored a leaky battery right there.
Take your pick!
The repair is the same, regardless of cause.....

That looks like a factory drain hole. You should be able to find a really weird shaped rubber plug for it on ebay for about $200!!!

Well thats not the type of picture I was expecting to see with a title like that......

Its rust that has been "cleaned up" and spray painted over, time for a trunk floor patch.

Well thats not the type of picture I was expecting to see with a title like that......

Its rust that has been "cleaned up" and spray painted over, time for a trunk floor patch.

That's been the plan since day 1. I think one may show up in the mail im pretty sure. But if not, there will be one there soon. The plan is to patch everything up and redo the interior and trunk and engine bay in a weekend.

I thought this too. This is pretty viable because as you see theres penetration in this area right here

IMG_0184.jpg

Damn, I meant to circle a picture of a camel toe! LOL

I thought this too. This is pretty viable because as you see theres penetration in this area right here

OK so you have a title "mystery hole" and then use the word "penetration"???? :munky2::sign10:

IMG_0184.jpg

Damn, I meant to circle a picture of a camel toe! LOL[/QUOTE]

someone before you could have been trying to build a cage, run it through there then weld into the frame? as for the other big hole, Im gonna say extended tubs :p

With a hole like that, whats the rest of the trunk look like?
I think my parts car trunk pan would fix that but will take me time to get it off and sent to you.

yeah i second 360scamps assesment...

i must have been a rusty spot and probly a smaller hole there at one poit ....

when i clean up rust spots i cut arround the surrounding area to get all the thin rusted metal off and this leaves weired shaped holes like this ......then i fab a patch to cover it over and weld it on

the perpurse is that if a patch is installed and the old rust is not properly cleaned, or cut off it will keep rusting and quickly rust out the patch that was installed ...... and you cant weild or pop rivet a patch unless you have a solid area to weild arround the hole

thats my two cents i am french and am not gratest in english but i have done quite a bit of bodywork altho i still have some to learn like everyone els lol

you know he is asking about the hole in the rear brace,not the rust hole in the floor,if you look at his 2nd pic its circled in blue(the oval one).I could only guess its a hole to access something.

i think the mice got tired of eating cotton, so thenn decided their diet needed more iron .lmao

Knew a girl in school everybody said had a mystery hole.......

-
Back