The PERFECT sleeper material....and it HAS a title!!!

-
How do you think people take it when you come out of the closet as a homophobe? I seriously doubt you meant any harm but come on, man. It's 2017.

But yeah... it looks like you've seen an example of a quick Honda. The streets are crawling with them and they're not really sleepers anymore...unless someone is bright enough to leave the 14" steelies and an actual muffler on it.

i fail to see how the date has any bearings on what is morally wrong or right (and practiced or accepted does not mean right)
but i can see how that discussion belongs in the N&P section, so ill edit it out

Looks like 139mph to me. Damn, that's flying!

View attachment 1715093745

you are correct, typo on my end, i'll edit that as well

i fail to see how the date has any bearings on what is morally wrong or right (and practiced or accepted does not mean right)
but i can see how that discussion belongs in the N&P section, so ill edit it out

Agreed the date should mean nothing. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Right? Wrong... Socially accepted correctness has changed over the ages. I'm pretty sure he means we know the world isn't flat, we don't burn witches and we don't execute scientists as heretics anymore just for starters.

Personally I took what you wrote as a joke. I didn't actually think you were gay bashing.

And it was a good video regardless of the outcome of the race.

There were fast Hondas roaming the streets back in the '90s...they're much faster today. One that's set up for speed is easy to spot, they're no longer sleepers.

Agreed the date should mean nothing. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Right? Wrong... Socially accepted correctness has changed over the ages.

ill save my rebuttal for the N&P, but i was not out to "bash" on anyone
(however if you act, not are, act a certain way, you shouldnt whine when people poke fun of it)

thanks
it was my second time out and i did better then before BUT im still outrunning my fuel supply
i did chalk up a few wins (and a few losses because once the bowls emptied out, it fell flat on her face)

i feel like i would have had the camaro if i had been able to keep fuel flowing

with this one i leaned in on it a lot softer, and didnt drain the bowls untill halfway down the track

Agreed the date should mean nothing. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Right? Wrong... Socially accepted correctness has changed over the ages. I'm pretty sure he means we know the world isn't flat, we don't burn witches and we don't execute scientists as heretics anymore just for starters.

Personally I took what you wrote as a joke. I didn't actually think you were gay bashing.

The date is only relevant in that we know better now. The world is a bigger place now. We're on the internet, folks. The excuses are gone.

Yeah...I know he was joking and I honestly don't think he meant any harm...but innocent or not, implied in this "joke" is a value statement. replace "gay" with "black" or "Christian" or whatever your religion is and see if it's still funny.

We're all free to complain about political correctness, we're free to think or say whatever we want...we're even free be giant a-holes in this world but don't be surprised or offended when someone calls you out on it.

It looks like @diymirage is handling this like an adult. Thank you for that.

I still cant believe i hang around forum with old men who cant understand that 30+psi being rammed into a cylinder doesnt care about your 4 extra cylinders.

Fast is fast, people complain no one is into the car scene anymore. A well built fast car is awesome no matter what.

I still cant believe i hang around forum with old men who cant understand that 30+psi being rammed into a cylinder doesnt care about your 4 extra cylinders.

:poke:

th.jpg

image.jpg

30+psi being rammed into a cylinder doesnt care about your 4 extra cylinders.

Fast is fast, people complain no one is into the car scene anymore. A well built fast car is awesome no matter what.

So true.

WRX STI 4 cylinder and AWD. Makes 315 HP stock. Just one example.

The car scene has changed.

Thats very true. I used to hop up mopar 2.2 8 valve setups. I had a quick 87 le baron coupe, and was working on a 300hp 8 valve 2.2 88 daytona shelby before i eventually lost interest in it all. Mopar guys didnt accept turbo dodge guys because they were FWD and 4 cylinder turbo. Import guys didnt accept us because we werent into jap cars. I said **** it, went back to old skool mopar V8s so yep i know both sides. However boost the V8 with a turbo for each bank and then it becomes a different equation. Comparing boosted 4 bangers to naturally aspirated V8s is like comparing apples to oranges. I used to get in that argument all the time. At least mopar boosted 2.2s had a nice deep burble at idle, and disnt sound like a loud long fart when accelerating.

However with all that said, it might be a fast honda civic, but it still dont look as cool or sound as cool as an old skool V8.

The 62 is a road toad, but would make a great sleeper if you can get past those looks that only a mother or its chief stylist could love. That must have been one of the last of Exners beauties. I think ole virgil lost it when the tail fins went away. His pinnacle of design was 1957.

Whoops, just found that text and deleted it. Thats where that went. that was supposed to be a text for my wife. I'm home on medical leave, was gonna meet her for lunch. She never got reply, it went here.

Back onward with the sleepers.

Last edited:
-
Back