The Price of Cigarettes

-
A friend of mine quit smoking a year ago. He saved all the cash he would have spent on cigarettes and just took a nice vacation in Hawaii. Crazy how much cigarettes cost now...

That ought to boost the black market for cigarettes in NYC (remember the beginning of the original Beverly Hills Cop?)

Mainly because of peer pressure, I started smoking when the price of cigarettes and a gallon of gas was about the same, 65 cents. Until recently the laws have chanced, smoking and drinking in my favorite establishment is considered unhealthy, seconded hand smoke and all. As if I go to the tavern for my health, but I do agree with reasoning, “second hand smoke”. Stopped smoking the cigarettes and stop drinking at the taverns, the money I saved.....Now its cheap beer at the local gas station. And when I visit my friends, I enjoy their second hand smoke, as I puff away on my e-cigarette enjoying a cold beer.......unmistakably I have more greenbacks in my wallet.

Quit 28 years ago when I had my first Heart Attack at age 40. They were 50 cents a pack and I was sucking 2 packs a day. Hard to imagine how much I've saved.

I quit 4 years ago this Dec the brand I smoked was 16 bucks a 25 pak . the smartest thing I ever done . I had open heart surgery at 46 because of it .

I quit smoking when Cigs were .35 cents a pack in machines, and you got .02 cents back in the pack.. Never smoked again. They stinck.
barracudadave7

Cigs are way to expensive and taxed to hell. I remember being a teen snagging some of my moms winstons and took a drag then my older brothers friend said take a drag and then breath in again. I haven't taken another puff in over 20 years. Dustin

Like my dad told me when he caught me smoking as a youngster. "Those things stink and they make you die". Pretty accurate. No thanks.

-
Back