The return of AMC...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
Inspired by the post of the 2010 Road Runner concept.

hrdp_0804_02_z+amc_concept_cars+amc_javelin.jpg

hrdp_0804_03_z+amc_concept_cars+amc_matador.jpg

hrdp_0804_04_z+amc_concept_cars+ambassador.jpg

hrdp_0804_05_z+amc_concept_cars+amc_gremlin.jpg

hrdp_0804_06_z+amc_concept_cars+amc_pacer.jpg

hrdp_0804_07_z+amc_concept_cars+amc_amc_coupe.jpg

hrdp_0804_08_z+amc_concept_cars+amc_amx_4.jpg

I'd buy the Ambassador in a heart beat.

Yes yes yes, me as well. Unslammed with normal size tires of course. But that does look good. The SST looks good and the Javlin real looks good. A bit to much on the rear tires I think.

now thats COOL the rims there ok but cenerlines would look nice there to BIgand chrome but i would still drive it

You left out my avatar! These unfairly cool pieces were a Hot Rod Magazine April Fools Day joke... oh, if only... By the way, look at the Javelin in my avie- wouldn't that skin be like a 1000% improvement on the 2010 Camaro bod?:snakeman:

You left out my avatar! These unfairly cool pieces were a Hot Rod Magazine April Fools Day joke... oh, if only... By the way, look at the Javelin in my avie- wouldn't that skin be like a 1000% improvement on the 2010 Camaro bod?:snakeman:

Was wondering if you'd chime in with the Javelin in your avatar. Got a full size one to post up for those who need a magnifying glass?

I've always had a soft spot for Gremlin's, so it's not real odd to me :)
I have a thing for odd cars, even Pinto wagons with a round window in the back! That would kick ***!!!

I Really want a old Van with carpeting and a painting on the side. Side pipes too of course!!! AHHH!!!!! Drool!!!

I've always had a soft spot for Gremlin's, so it's not real odd to me :)
I have a thing for odd cars, even Pinto wagons with a round window in the back! That would kick ***!!!

Can dig the Pinto wagon. Guy around here has one of the two door panel styles. Not a big Pinto fan myself, but for some reason that car just looks right.

lilvaliant, you might be right. It's probably a spin off of a Pinto.

I'm proud to say my Grandma had a Pacer! :) I remember it too.

The odd thing is that she traded that in for a Buick LeSabre with a 350 4bl.
Odd. The Buick had some balls though! :p

Talk about car ****. My keyboard is wet...That first picture is very nice. To tell ya a story. 4 or 5 yrs ago there was an old wrecking yard in our neck of the woods and in it sat an AMC Pacer 2 dr wagon with the wood decals on the side. I'm still shaking my head over this one. I ask the guy at the lot about it being for sale and yes it was but he didn't know how much. I got the # and called back religiously for a couple of months but the guy selling was never there. The next time i called i was told they had crushed it. Talk about jerked out of shape. I'm still jerked out of shape and still looking. Can you imagine an AMC Pacer Woody Wagon. I'd almost kill for that car. I've gotta quite before i get hostile.
Small Block

I love the red Gremlin X.

My first car was a gunmetal blue/gray '71 Gremlin, 232 straight six, auto trans, manual steering & brakes.
Dad said "you'll drive it and you'll like it".
He was 1/2 right, I drove it, but I did not like it.
I let my sister borrow it and she hit a tree (leaking master cylinder, forgot to tell her to pump the brakes to stop). End of Gremlin.

Love the modern look/interpretation of the older cars, including the 2010 Road Runner in the other post.

Keep 'em coming!!

I'd buy a good shape Gremlin I'd I found one.

There is a yellow Pacer with collector plate that drives around town here.

Check Craigslist, I have seen pacers on there before. Matter of fact I'll check again and post the links if I find them.

-
Back