Thermoquad rebuild kit

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Trying to find out where to get a thermoquad rebuild kit for my 4973s

Go to your local O'Reilly and give them year, make and model it came off of and they will get you one. I get them in for me all the time when I am building them.

Rusty wrote: "Go to your local O'Reilly and give them year, make and model it came off of..."

That is a problem, Rusty. All my old Mopars that use ThermoQuads are highly "mix-and-match". I normally patronize O'Reilly, but they demanded that I give them the "application" before they could order the kit. There is no way I can give them an application for the carbs in any of my cars! So I went to NAPA, where they had a reference book from Carter, listing the TQ's and their correct rebuild kits by carb model number. The clerk at NAPA said that Carter makes the book available to all resellers, but apparently O'Reilly has decided not to use it. Hate to tell you this, Rusty, but in some ways O'Reilly really needs to get its *** in gear!

Most all of the big chain auto parts stores are like that. They have the computer in front of them and that’s all they know or can go by.

https://quadrajetparts.com/primary-well-seal-ring-p-881.html
I ordered my kit from this link also, I ordered the X style o rings for the fuel wells, these may or may not come in the kits. And the brass floats.....

tqoring.jpg

-
Back