Thinking of a 360 Build

-

Drg racr

Reaction score
I want to do a 360 build for my '69 Cuda. My goal is a limited street car that will run 11's. I gotta make it worth having a cage!! I have no experience building a small block Dodge.
Should I look for an early block, or late-model? Any good factory head castings, or should I just go aftermarket?
I had planned on running a 4-speed, but lots of people are telling me to run a 904 with a high stall conv. That'll be different for me, since I grew up in the era when most high HP cars ran stick shifts!! My car is a manual trans car.

There's so many ways to skin this cat you will get alot of conflicting info. Not that the stuff wont work, but a question this general will bring many different idea's. I will probably chime in too, but i just wanted you to know and read thru every response carefully. It's gonna be a fun ride and if you like the stick, go for it.:D

My 11 sec. combo came right from the MP catologs "speed tips" section, though the. New combo has Edelbrock heads for a higher lifting cam and the intake is a AG RPM instead of the single plane M1. My pistons are set at zero deck with a .039 head gasket for a good Quench set up. Any year 360 is good though a pre Magum roller block is what I would look for.

The RPM is more streetable with more torque. No top end loss.

Have the block gone through with a torque plate for boring/honing. Have the oil passages enlarged for high RPM and massage the main cap and oil pump for best oiling.
Search GuitRJones
For his oiling mod thread. I do think it is a sticky

I'm also a 4spd man. Nothing better than rowing your own boat even if the automatics are faster!

Good thread UOP!!!!!!!

It is actually a better idea to look at that link insteAd of posting any here.

I'm looking to put a 360 in my 68 slant six Barracuda but a street driven car no where near an 11 second car. With that being said, is there any advantage to a forged versus cast crank?

I'm looking to put a 360 in my 68 slant six Barracuda but a street driven car no where near an 11 second car. With that being said, is there any advantage to a forged versus cast crank?
Not for what your looking to do. 6,000 rpm or less, a cast will last almost forever.

I figured a general question like this would generate a lot of different responses. I like to take everyone's opinion and form my own plan. I'm sure most of you guys and gals have been Mopar fans for years and know what makes them tick!!
I forgot about searching archives, so I'll start there today.

If you need any motivation for running a clutch..........:D. Watching this always fires me up....lol.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XES5L5GYF7o"]Steve Clukey's Wheelstanding Small Block Duster - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back