This evening forty years ago...

-

SSing

Reaction score
Well life has been good to me.
I mean, I got to live the seventies.
No car is long gone, but you cant take it away from me...
Still have the jacket though...
20190907 7sep1979.jpg

Perfect. I am still living out the 70's. LOL Well not all aspects of it. It's not legal in my state yet. :rofl::rofl:

Perfect. I am still living out the 70's. LOL Well not all aspects of it. It's not legal in my state yet. :rofl::rofl:
It's ok to live in the 70s, just don't use the word "groovy", it went from being a cool word to being not cool, and now it just sounds special needs.

It's ok to live in the 70s, just don't use the word "groovy", it went from being a cool word to being not cool, and now it just sounds special needs.
I'm not that far back. That was during the hippy days of the 60's. But that's Groovy Rainy.

I drove a 70 Coronet R/T 440 six pack to high school back in 1978-79. Had my current dart since 1981 and this is a picture of it in 1982
15740851_10207606949194050_4873298922868893177_n.jpg

I got my first Mopar in the 70's. 68 dodge charger in 1978, I was just 14 when I got it, had big plans for it but ended up getting a 70 coronet in 1979 and that was my high school car.

IMG_20181022_205224.jpg

IMG_20181115_122439.JPG

Made it through the 70's. Graduated in '71. Bought a '72 Duster, and traded it for a '73 Satellite Sebring Plus. That's what I brought my son home from the hospital in, in '77. Yeah, the 70's were good!!

Bought my first Mopar, a like-new '70 Road Runner in 1976. That was where it all began...43 years ago. Wow.
2v2Edf6s5xAYakF.jpg

Last edited:
Super cool picture man. Was there an occasion?

Great picture @SSing !! Tell us more about it and the car, please.

You have the jacket, but do you still have the shoes?????

Thanks. No, no shoes either :) A lokal newspaper wanted to do a story. They had heard the expression "muscle car" and wanted me to show off my biceps which of course I refused. Just slipped in to something and took the car outside…
Well like I said, considering Sweden and nothing very special about these cars at the time, it turned out ok.
I knew about Bill Bagshaw being a west coast guy so had to do some lettering...
And thank you for the foto session to Mats Juhlin now running a speed shop (Pro Parts) At the time co-owner of the only Direct Connection connected Shop in Sweden.
20160517 Kaross.jpg

20171228 whell wells.jpg

20160517 motor.jpg

domtadart Scan10019 motor left.jpg

20171227 interior domtadart.jpg

20160517 winter dart.jpg

Last edited:
AHhhhh the 70;'s. I remember the Viet Nam war finally winding down, interests rate of 18%, high inflation, idiot disco, real performance cars a thing of the past, except used ones, high gas prices, oil embargo, the gonv't price freeze... my calves went fro $1 a lb to ten cents....... '79, I left Ga. for Missouri!!!!! Never looked back.

AHhhhh the 70;'s. I remember the Viet Nam war finally winding down, interests rate of 18%, high inflation, idiot disco, real performance cars a thing of the past, except used ones, high gas prices, oil embargo, the gonv't price freeze... my calves went fro $1 a lb to ten cents....... '79, I left Ga. for Missouri!!!!! Never looked back.

:) Well I´m in Sweden you know, and can only relate to one thing you said… used performance cars. In 1975 I payed 25-hundred for a absolutely super clean B5 ´71 340 4-speed Duster. Shark tooth and rally gauges... I hope you are doing fine now. Especially if you are a farmer like I...

:) Well I´m in Sweden you know, and can only relate to one thing you said… used performance cars. In 1975 I payed 25-hundred for a absolutely super clean B5 ´71 340 4-speed Duster. Shark tooth and rally gauges... I hope you are doing fine now. Especially if you are a farmer like I...
Wife and I are bout retired and have a small herd of Boer goats, sell to FFA kids for projects. Down to 2 quarter horses, that are just pasture ornaments and they need a job BAD!!!! My hobby has always been the old Mopars, anything else is work even if I do enjoy it!
In ag here, the little guy has pretty much been squeezed out. Go big or go home!! lol

-
Back