.89 BB torsion bars
1 1/8 Addco swaybar
LCA boxing plates
3" MP wheel studs
Trunk battery kit w/ 1/0 cable
Late model starter
KYB shocks
Full rebuild kit
Steering adapter (converting to manual steering)
Headers are also getting ceramic coated while they're out.

I've already got the car apart, and doing all the cleaning and prep work. Reassembly should start this weekend.

LOL, Looks like fun! Don't forget your wide tires.

Oh yeah. Tires on the list for future upgrades. I'm gonna run out the life on this 215/235 combo first. Next set will be 235 or 245 in front and 255 or 265 in the back.

hey superdart let us know how this turns out for you. i am about to embark down the same road. i think i will go with the same 0.89 torsion bar set up as well with the kyb shocks too. do you have a rear spring relocate kit on it as well? take pics of how it sits when you are done.....good luck!

Looks like it should still ride nice and yet still handle well. What manual streering box you getting?

COOL STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you get the Moog parts from. I am will be doing my front suspension do when I do my disk brake swap and was thinking about getting an OEM kit from PST.

Also, why go with a .89, why not go with a .92 torsion bar?

Well, .89s are quite a step up from my stock 318 bars. That 383 is substantially heavier than a 360. I wanted a firm ride, without rattling my teeth out. As it is, my car is missing 100 pounds of crap on the front nose (original A/C, battery and hardware, P/S, bumperettes plus now it's got an aluminum intake & headers). So I think the .89 is all that I will need to get a good firm ride. The swaybar will make up the difference in the turns.

I'm using a stock, nearly new box. I know it won't be like the FFI unit, but it was too cheap to pass up.

Not sure if the rears are moved in or not. The rear hangers are offset, but it was that way when I got it. I was told it is, but who relocates the hangers on an 8.25 and leaves 2.45 gears in it? Currently it has 15x8s on it. I did rebuild the rear with HD leafsprings, KYBs, and Frimfeel poly bushings. The sway will get added when the axle comes completely out for it's rebuild (3.55s, Suregrip, LPW cover, rear disc kit).

Oh yeah..I got the kit, box plates, steering adapter and torsion seal set from Mancini..best price I could find. One note...I now have two sets of cam bolts, since they didn't list them in the kit, I thought I had to buy them seperate. I won't send them back because of the 15% restock fee. I'm better off selling them local to someone who can use them.

I did the complete overhaul with the polygraphite kit and it was like night and day but then again most everything was 37 years old. Are you going to get the tubular upper control arms,people have said they make the car handle much better?Get your patience out ,you`ll need it for those control arm bushings!

Unfortunately, tubular A-arms were not in my budget at this point. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll look to it for an upgrade (just like the Edelbrock EFI).

My friend has a phnematic press, made the job pretty simple. The bushings and ball joints are done, arms are cleaned, painted and waiting for me to get the spindles done so I can put the sides back together.

Then it's on to the swaybar mounts, steering joint rebuild, starter and battery stuff. My headers won't be back for at least another week, so I have to wait on the torsions and steering box.

superdart said:
My friend has a phnematic press, made the job pretty simple. The bushings and ball joints are done, arms are cleaned, painted and waiting for me to get the spindles done so I can put the sides back together.
Damn, you work fast. :thumblef: Did you get new lower control arm struts? Or at least new bushings? I did not see them in your list of goodies, unless they are a part of the rebuild kit.

I put in new strut rod bushings (MP poly road race bushings) back a few years ago when I first got the car. The originals were gone, and I had to replace them to be able to drive the car back to my apartment. They are still like new, since the car has only had about 500 miles since then.

-
Back