Time To Buy A Helmet

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought a helmet since the 80's. I was just poking around the web and found one for $27.95! DOT approved, not SNELL. NHRA requires SNELL, don't they? I want to get a good one, but I don't want to spend a bunch. Same old story. I don't race much and I don't need one for anything else.
Here's the link: http://www.motodirect.com/servlet/Detail?no=734

Check out the Zamp J-1. I got one last year for about $75. Its Snell M05 and open face so its comfortable with good visibility.

The cost of a helmet should be in direct proportion to the value of what you put into it. I own 7 helmets in my family (we ride four wheelers and dirt bikes) NONE of them were less than $100, even the little kids one.

I got ny snell approved helmit at the local snomobile shack.
He sells all the stuff for that. I asked him about snell approved
helmits. He said he sells to all the local oval track racers.
He got me an oper face one that passed IHRA track specs.
I think I paid $90.00 buks for it. Shop around.

I agree, drop some dough for a superior helmet even if you only go once every 10 years.

The price is nothing in a GOD forbid moment.

I should have been more specific when I posted my question. As I said, it was the 80's when I last bought a helmet. I thought maybe things have changed when I saw the $27.95 bucket. After all, you can buy inexpensive, quality stroker kits and many other products. I'm not putting my head in an inferior helmet, for sure. My head is worth more than $30, if a $30 helmet is not good. Is my head worth $100? $300? $500? My wife might answer that! LOL! Thanks for the advice. I'll be shopping for a good Snell.

-
Back