Too Dang Hot!!!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know our heat index isn't near what some of you are currently going through, but we're not used to both high temps (mid 90s) and humidity (at least high humidity for us) at the same time in the OC.
But it could be worse!
Just for kicks and giggles, I checked and found the forecast high temp for Furnace Creek, CA (aptly named - in Death Valley) tomorrow (07/17) is 123F. It's going to get all the way down to 95F tonight - better throw another quilt on the cactus.

I was going to work on the Dart tonight butttttttttttt it is TOO flippin Hot to do anything outside unless you are in the water.

You got that right!

I hate winter, but this heat is nuts.

With the high temps and humidity here in Indiana, the heat index is
over a 100.

It's been hot and humid on the east coast also, don't feel like doing crap to my valiant having to wipe sweat outta my eyes every 20 seconds..

What a bunch of wimps. It was 117 here and humid today and I was in the garage jetting a carb at 4 pm.

What a bunch of wimps. It was 117 here and humid today and I was in the garage jetting a carb at 4 pm.

Been working in Laughlin Nv for pass several weeks....Yesterday was 118...and over night low was a cool 98 at 4 am.

Ok ... I just put a Crackedback action figure on my tough guy shelf along with my Rambo, Bruce Willis and Ahhhhnold figurines. ;) Actually didn't happen but the thought of it made me laugh.

Come on Rob. I know there's no way you are not going to reply to this. :snakeman:

What I do is put my old hat on, old shoes, work clothes and walk directly into the pool and stay under for as long as possible. Then proceed to work on your automobile or project until your clothes are dry, and repeat the pool procedure.
No pool, use garden hose sprayer until soaked completely. It was 100 here and I worked in the sun all afternoon with this procedure. Drank ice water. Friggin great..

What I do is put my old hat on, old shoes, work clothes and walk directly into the pool and stay under for as long as possible. Then proceed to work on your automobile or project until your clothes are dry, and repeat the pool procedure.
No pool, use garden hose sprayer until soaked completely. It was 100 here and I worked in the sun all afternoon with this procedure. Drank ice water. Friggin great..

I can't swim... and uh-------- dog ate my water hose....

Don't pull any punches Rob...............haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It is just about getting started doing it, once I am in it I am ok!

I use to chip Monocoat off of Steal Beams in 120+* weather and weld stickers on ALL DAY LONG in the Direct sunlight........that was a LONG time ago.

I don't know how you guys live with the heat,but then again it goes to a windchill of -50f every winter,and I'm too stupid to move.:-D

no ac in garage, just fans, door up.

how's that for tough.

Yes sometimes cracked. My family calls it something else!

I walked in to my shop at 7 this morning to find it was 85 degrees... I work in Colton, Ca and we dont get those oc breezes....

It's hot here but we're painting the engine bay Sat.

0706001708.jpg

How much does a 360 block weigh without caps? Because I carried Mrs POS Dakota's 360 block up the driveway to the truck to get it to the machine shop today at noon. That was a *****!!!:angry7:

I was sore for a good 5 hours after that.

Hit 100 here and heat index was 111 at one point. I put in 9 hours at my shop yesterday - no a/c and just a small little box fan to move the air. Drank a gallon of water. Gonna be a repeat today, supposed to hit 101 and I'll be out there working in it. Don't have a choice, gotta keep food on the table...

Mid 90's here, I work outside.... and was walking up and down a newly paved blacktop road while they were paving it. Fun. NOT!

... and ya'll thought I was just kidding when I said it was hot in my shop??? Here, I got some proof. :-D

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

Both roll up doors were open ... walk in door was open ... two fans were running ... and the 7-foot oven was still coming up to temperature.

Repeat after me: I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. :-D

But I'd love it more if those two window mount a/c units were in the wall instead of sitting on that pallet over there --------->>>.

So does Billy really love me ... or tryin to kill me??? LOL

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

-
Back